Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default ns did inet manifold.

Hi, I am working on my did paj...replacing the timing chain tensioner, and decided I'd dig in and do the inlet manifold clean at the same time.

Ive got the fuel pipes to the injectors off no problem, but it seems I need to remove the common rail too. Are there any issues with this I need to be aware of. There used to be a really good detailed description on here about removing the inlet manifold, but I've been looking for an hour or so now, and can't find it.

Bought a set of crows foot socket spanners this morning...damned set jumps from 16 to 18mm, and our injector pipes are 17mm.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Hi Jim,

This may be the thread you are after. It is a sticky in the mechanical section.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=33278

No issues that I recall removing the common rail. I'm due to do mine again as well. I looked at the crow feet spanners at supercheap and saw they were missing 17mm too.
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis View Post
Hi Jim,

This may be the thread you are after. It is a sticky in the mechanical section.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=33278

No issues that I recall removing the common rail. I'm due to do mine again as well. I looked at the crow feet spanners at supercheap and saw they were missing 17mm too.
Thanks for that...that's the link I keep finding too...it's for doing the valve clearances though, which I have already done.

So in removing the common rail, its just the four injector pipes and the other two to be loosened and moved gently out of the way? There won't be any need for bleeding on reassembly or anything like that?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 4 Weeks Ago

From memory...
I just undid whatever needed to be undid to get the rail out.
Use a rag under each pipe as you undo them to catch the diesel.
When you have put it all back together there is no need to bleed them. You can simply prime the fuel lines with the pump on top of the fuel filter, but I honestly don't remember if I did that.
When I put mine back together and tried to start it, it wouldn't start and the engine light came on. The code told me to check the fuel lines, I found I hadn't tightened the line into the common rail. Easy mistake, easy fix.
Here is a photo of the common rail bits removed from mine

Common rail.jpg

More info here...
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=60737&page=2
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Hey Jim easy way to search is through google not thrpugh the site.

Have a look at link below, its the procedure o n a triton but same motor, lots of detail and pics.

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/downl...le.php?id=3834

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Also have a look at this thread

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...anifold+goodsy

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to justcruizin

Replace all gaskets and seals while you have it apart. My mechanic did this with mine not long ago and said he would not use anything but genuine parts for this job as it is not worth having to pull it all down again to fix a cheap aftermarket leaking gasket/seal.
08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110