• Show
Clear All
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

2000 suburu outback 5sp hill hold

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has experience with this vintage suburu outback. Currently have a loan of one at the moment which is a 5 speed manual, occasionally the hill hold seems to get stuck on, and consequently when trying to drive off the brakes feel like they are on. Hoping someone may know what to look at to correct it?
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

I thought I'd update this.

There is a cable that runs from clutch to another brake cylinder on the passenger side firewall. From reading on some subaru forums, people have had similar with the spring return either not doing its job or missing etc.
    When the clutch pedal is pushed in the cable pulls on the actuator lever of cylinder and pulls the brakes on, when the clutch pedal is relased the actuator for the hill hold brake system should return to release the brakes.
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• El_Freddo
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2018
      • Bridgewater, Vic

Originally posted by craka View Post
      I thought I'd update this.

There is a cable that runs from clutch to another brake cylinder on the passenger side firewall. From reading on some subaru forums, people have had similar with the spring return either not doing its job or missing etc.
      When the clutch pedal is pushed in the cable pulls on the actuator lever of cylinder and pulls the brakes on, when the clutch pedal is relased the actuator for the hill hold brake system should return to release the brakes.
      It could be a broken spring. I never had an issue with mine on my L series and actually miss it since not bothering to refit the cable after the last engine install...

Or the cable may need adjusting since the 2000 is a hydro setup and not a cable setup where you feel that adjustment is needed.

Cheers

Bennie
      2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X