• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fergie
    • Jan 2013
    • Flagstaff, Arizona, USA

3rd Gen Rear Door Fold Down Table

After seeing this type of table on many different rigs, I wanted my own version, and decided to take a crack at it on our 2001 3rd Gen LTD.

After pulling the panel off the door, and seeing how everything is attached, I removed the stock net, and measured up the space. I was able to fit a 24" wide by 14" deep table into the space seen, and still keep it fairly flush.
    I made a backing plate out of flat stock and some 1/4-20 nuts and clear coated it after knocking the burrs off. I used a piano hinge and more flat stock to make the hinge.

Then, I had a buddy make me the table portion out of maple and walnut. The rose is a vinyl decal from Amazon, cut down to just the outline of the rose itself. I put down about 8 coats of urethane to make sure the sticker is never coming up!

I then installed the darn thing.

I used some 3/4" nylon webbing for the support straps, and utilized the factory attachment point for ease of installation.

I used some rubber snubbers to keep the table from rattling on the road, and double up the webbing where it attaches to the table itself.

At the factory net attachment hooks, I ran some 1/4" bungee cord material so I could have a spot for hanging rags or a roll of paper towels as shown above.

Finally, I installed a footman loop to hang my cooking utensil kit from, and a piece of flat plate as a magnetic base for any task lighting that I needed. I figured this was easier than running power for an LED or some other sort of work light.

And that is the finished product.

Thanks for looking.
    G
  • Bundyk
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • North Nowra

Looks awesome Fergie.

Looks fairly straight forward too.

Nice one.
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• Herman4x4
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Melton, Victoria

Top job you have done there.
      Cheers,
      Andrew.
      Cheers,
      Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
      Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Nab
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Perth

Nice job, that pattern sure stands out!
        SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Sunnywaxman
          • Apr 2014
          • Caloundra

do you still have the photos as I can not see them as photo bucket has blocked them

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Sunnywaxman View Post
            do you still have the photos as I can not see them as photo bucket has blocked them
            Try again.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Fergie
              • Jan 2013
              • Flagstaff, Arizona, USA

Originally posted by Sunnywaxman View Post
              They appear to be working for me.

If that isn't the case, I can always email the photos to you if you'd like; just msg me and let me know.

Ive actually sold the vehicle since this original post, but saved the table and hardware. Shipping to AUS would be exorbitant, otherwise I'd just send you the hinge set-up(kept the table for another vehicle)

Comment

• jalvesan
                • May 2016
                • Portugal

Very nice, well done.
                Thanks for sharing.
                Pajero NM (Gen3) GLS SWB AUTO, still all stock...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X