• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funnelweb
    • Oct 2017
    • Qld

Power sockets in rear

NW platinum,.

I have 3 power sockets, front dash, in arm rest, and one in rear area.
    But on opposite side in rear space I have two ports, that are not cigarette lighter ports, they look smaller? In my from Dash ,I have a on/off switch, which I'm told powers these ports.
    But what fits them.? Fridge? Or similar?

I'm new to 4wd, and am using to camp, and want to know if these are useful for me?
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

A picture would help but they are probably Merit sockets for a fridge. Same function as a cig socket but they provide a stronger connection when travelling over bumps etc

I assume you have dual betteries ?
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      A picture would help but they are probably Merit sockets for a fridge. Same function as a cig socket but they provide a stronger connection when travelling over bumps etc.
      Wot he sed.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Funnelweb
        • Oct 2017
        • Qld

Thanks

Ok, that makes sense,
        I don't have dual batteries, but I have , apparently, got some super duper battery that copes so other hates tell me. .?.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

I'd check that if you intend to run a fridge overnight when camping. It will be OK while the car is running or for a short time if parked but longer and you'll need a second battery and isolator or charger to make sure your starter battery doesn't get run down by the fridge.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Funnelweb
            • Oct 2017
            • Qld

Agree

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
            I'd check that if you intend to run a fridge overnight when camping. It will be OK while the car is running or for a short time if parked but longer and you'll need a second battery and isolator or charger to make sure your starter battery doesn't get run down by the fridge.
            Yes, apparently the wiring and everything is ready for a second battery, I'm not planning on a fridge, we only camp 3-4 days , and always pitch powered site, more than that I'm in a hotel .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X