X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RazorbackRanger
    • May 2010

NL 2.8TD Expected clutch life

What type of life are you guys getting out of your clutches?

I'm about to go Outback for a few months towing a Jayco Finch Outback. My NL has about 260K on the clock and I believe it is still the original clutch.

2005 NP GLX 3.2DiD Auto, ARB steel bullbar, Warn 8000lb winch, Dobinsons 2" coils and shocks, Polyairs, Toyo Open Country AT2 LT's, dual batteries, Stedi lightbar, Uniden UH7760NB UHF CB, etc.
  • REDNUT
    • Apr 2009

my nj 2.8td has about 330 on the clock, and im fairly sure its the original clutch (previous owner didn't seem to understand maintance) butif its replaced its one less thing to worrie about, i think ive seem them for about 750 for a clutch kit, pluss fitting

Comment

• Valiant81
      • Dec 2009
      • Bracknell Tasmania

clutch life

Hi red nut;
      My pajero had the gearbox out at 177000 and while it was out also replaced the clutch and rear main seal at the same time.
      Trade the clutch cost $550.00 + FITTING.

Comment

• Stuart H
        • Jan 2009
        • Stratford, Victoria

385,000km, still on the original clutch. NJ 3.0 Litre V6. Lots of country kilometres...also lots of towing. If it still works and you don't need to pull it apart..leave it where it is.
        1994 NJ GLS Pajero,3.0L V6, LPG. 400,000km (and climbing).....really should sell it..but can't bring myself to do it.

2009 NT VRX, 3.2L DiD.......tows like a train!!!

Comment

• wechosethegoodlife
          • Jun 2009
          • Thora NSW (Bellingen)

Not slipping

I would say no need to replace unless there is some sign of slippage under very heavy loads. Most likely if it started to slip under very heavy loads you could back off with the right foot & probably do another 100K
          Shane
          White 94 & metallic blue 96 NJ wagon 2.8TD. Wrecking the 96 NJ.

Comment

• NJ93
            • Nov 2009
            • Perth WA

if you are doing a big trip, $600 for a excedy clutch kit, plus a hour or two if you know what you are doing to fit it, gives you piece of mind which is priceless.
            Just remember if you do it yourself you will need a new clutch, pressure plate, thrust bearing (should all be in the kit), then you should get your flywheel machined (about $50). Access to a torque wrech is good but not necessary.
            remember to detach your clutch fork arm before you slide your gearbox back, my manual wasnt to clear on this. to do it you push the 50 cent piece sized plug in the bottom of your bellhousing in and then there is a nut in there to undo and it should come off
            93 NJ Rebuilt 2.8TD, GU springs, 80 series shocks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X