• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Furstmeister
    • Dec 2015
    • Queensland

Pajero NX MY16 Roof Console

Have now finished my roof console for various switches, tyre pressure monitoring system, UHF radio speaker and aftermarket bluetooth microphone. Took some time getting everything together including having the original Pajero map light painted professionally black to match the console.

The red LED light which were sitting in the factory bluetooth microphone housing turned out to be a bit of a problem. This LED gives the dash a subtle red glow at night and I really like this, so wanted to include this feature in my console. Ended up making my own LED housing using various parts, shown in the last photo near the front of the console, black circle with the red dot in the middle.

I designed my console and put it all together myself, but didn't actually make it. I left that to a company in Sydney called the Department of the Interior www.consoles.com.au
    Attached Files
  • martialllaw
    • Jan 2012
    • Narangba

looks good
    2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• NFT5
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Canberra

Quite different to the alternative which I have. Slightly lower profile at the front should mean you still get full use of rear vision mirror.

What are the speaker grilles used for?
      Chris

Comment

• leozhao175
        • Mar 2016
        • Wollongong

www.consoles.com.au is not available ?

I got:

This Account has been suspended.
        Contact your hosting provider for more information.

Comment

• Furstmeister
          • Dec 2015
          • Queensland

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
          Quite different to the alternative which I have. Slightly lower profile at the front should mean you still get full use of rear vision mirror.

What are the speaker grilles used for?
          I believe traditionally a overhead console is used for a UHF radio. I mounted my radio next to the cup holder, see this thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=50888

I do get full use of the rear view mirror, that was a requirement of the design.

The middle speaker grill is for the UHF radio speaker and the bluetooth microphone, one of my photos shows the inside of the console. The front speaker grill is simply a place where all my cable connections come together, plus where the console is mounted into the roof using existing holes.

Comment

• Furstmeister
            • Dec 2015
            • Queensland

Originally posted by leozhao175 View Post
            www.consoles.com.au is not available ?

I got:

This Account has been suspended.
            Contact your hosting provider for more information.
            You are indeed right, website unavailable, must have happened in the last hour or so. I did check the link this morning before posting. I am not affiliated with that company, so have no idea why their website is unavailable, I am sure they will work it out.

Comment

• martialllaw
              • Jan 2012
              • Narangba

Furstmeister,
              How is the rear of the console attached? the pictures on http://www.consoles.com.au/Mitsubish...NS_deeplow.htm
              show tabs extending out to the center roof lining attachment points. No such tabs are visible on yours. Did you have to cut the lining?
              2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• Furstmeister
                • Dec 2015
                • Queensland

Originally posted by martialllaw View Post
                Furstmeister,
                How is the rear of the console attached? the pictures on http://www.consoles.com.au/Mitsubish...NS_deeplow.htm
                show tabs extending out to the center roof lining attachment points. No such tabs are visible on yours. Did you have to cut the lining?
                The bracket shown on www.consoles.com.au is the option for the new Pajero. I am planning on keeping this car for a long time, so I figured if I ever sell it, it will get sold with the console. I didn't like the look of the bracket, so decided against that. If you check the older style Pajero and the consoles, drilling holes was indeed required.

The two red lights which is shown in the photos have two holes in them, one of them in each light is used to mount the console. Used self tapping screws which goes through the head lining and roof beam. So yes I did have to go through the lining, but I already had to cut a hole for my overhead DVD/Screen so I figured what is two more holes. This of course makes removing the DVD/Screen and console a non option.

Was also asked what the two red lights are for. I often find when on road trip with kids that turning on the interior lights wrecks the night vision. The red lights are enough for the kids to find DVD's and what ever else they may need light for, without ruining my night vision.

Comment

• vladguan
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Furstmeister View Post
                  The bracket shown on www.consoles.com.au is the option for the new Pajero. I am planning on keeping this car for a long time, so I figured if I ever sell it, it will get sold with the console. I didn't like the look of the bracket, so decided against that. If you check the older style Pajero and the consoles, drilling holes was indeed required.

The two red lights which is shown in the photos have two holes in them, one of them in each light is used to mount the console. Used self tapping screws which goes through the head lining and roof beam. So yes I did have to go through the lining, but I already had to cut a hole for my overhead DVD/Screen so I figured what is two more holes. This of course makes removing the DVD/Screen and console a non option.

Was also asked what the two red lights are for. I often find when on road trip with kids that turning on the interior lights wrecks the night vision. The red lights are enough for the kids to find DVD's and what ever else they may need light for, without ruining my night vision.
                  Nicely done. And your resoning for the rear red lights are exactly what the front red LED and front and rear footwell orange LEDs are for, as well as red dash lighting.
                  Please call me Vlad.
                  -----------------------
                  MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• glsgls
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2007

very nice good job

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X