• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Upper manifold clean 4m41 NS

So I decided to clean my upper manifold on the NS manual today. Its done about 261000kms and i put a catch can on at about 240000km. Ill go back at a later date when i have a rocker cover gasket and do the rest along with tappets etc.

Before: Very slugish of the line no real acceleration till 3rd gear and on boost.

After: Actually accelerates of the line and doesnt feel like its being held back in 1st and 2nd. Im sure the full clean will improve it more

It took me about 5 hours.
    10mm, 12mm and 14mm Sockets
    If your not using power tools a 600mm breaker bar is a must.

My EGR was impossible to open by hand without significant effort. After the clean i could do it one handed with little effort.

I used glymse oven cleaner from bunning on the EGR. I also removed the egr motor before cleaning the valve.
    Soak in oven cleaner 1/2hr,scrape with trim removal tools rinse with water. Repeat. Did this twice then 3rd time rinsed with gerni

On the manifold section and egr pipe. I soaked them with oven cleaner for 1/2hr then

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

....Ok then i scrapped and rinsed with some foaming degreaser before rinsing with water. I did this 3 times. The third time i rinsed using the gerni.

Air dryed everything with my compressor. I cleaned all plugs and sensors as i re-assembled.

The degreaser i used was 5 star 3in1.
    The home of all your daily essentials. We help all Australians save money on everyday groceries, cleaning materials pet essentials and more.

I had it lying around. This seems to be the only thing its good for.

At first start the idle was uneven. But it quickly stablised. I let it idle for awhile to make sure it was ok before the test drive.

I managed to break traction and kick in the traction control leaving my driveway in 2wd! This would not have happened before. More car than tractor now. So im happy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Seigried; 22-02-20, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X