• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91Tourer
    • Jun 2010
    • Hunter Valley,NSW

Brake Fluid

Hi All,

I'm about to change the front pads on my Np and wanted to do a Brake fluid change as well. I have had a look through my workshop manual for the amount required for the system but have only found the required type. Does anyone know how much fluid is need to do a flush? I have purchased 1ltr of bendix brake fluid and will be changing the pads for bendix 4wd pads.

Cheers Richard
    NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!
  • dolphin
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008

yes 1 litre of fluid will do the job for all 4 wheels . if you want to make 100% sure all old fluids are out of the system , use more than needed as in flush out longer per cylinder so maybe grab another 1/2 litre of brake fluid for spare.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• Dude
      • Sep 2011
      • Victoria Point

I flushed my NP exceed, and the fluid in it was dark green (i think it had never been done).

I filled a 2 ltr milk bottle before it was running through clear. (super dot 4).

dude

Comment

• 91Tourer
        • Jun 2010
        • Hunter Valley,NSW

Thanks guys for the input think I will grab another bottle to be sure before I start. I did grab dot 4.
        Cheers Richard
        NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!

Comment

• Dude
          • Sep 2011
          • Victoria Point

No worries, BTW there is a neat thread on hear somewhere that details how to change the fluid if you have the electric booster. I followed that thread and it was a piece of cake.

Comment

• marquis
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Newcastle

I have done a post a while ago with how to do a change.

If memory is correct, it takes 3 x 500ml bottles. I used a syringe (auto type from super heap/autobahn/etc) to suck out the brake fluid from the res down to the res mesh filter (about 1/2" or so from the bottom).

Edit:
            Found the post
            Last edited by marquis; 11-06-13, 10:23 AM.
            --
            Marquis
            SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• GHendo
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Northern NSW

Originally posted by marquis View Post
              I have done a post a while ago with how to do a change.

If memory is correct, it takes 3 x 500ml bottles. I used a syringe (auto type from super heap/autobahn/etc) to suck out the brake fluid from the res down to the res mesh filter (about 1/2" or so from the bottom).

Edit:
              Found the post
              http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...43&postcount=7
              Read your previous post - what self-bleed kit do you use. I've often been tempted to buy some sort of gadget to do this as it is a bit of a bugger trying to bleed them on your own with just a bottle and a tube.

Geoff
              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X