• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JK017
    • Sep 2012
    • Pinjarra WA

Drivers seat height adjustments

As I am quite tall, I have to have the seat right back in the Challenger and find that the front of the seat is a little low. As using the clutch with my work boots on is a little un comfortable.

I have read through some old posts regarding the "fitment of spacers to the seat" However I could not find the specifics of how this is done or achieved.

It refers to the new triton website, which I am not a member.

Are spacers available? Do I need to machine some up? etc

Cheers
    2012 PB Challenger - TJM Nudge Bar, Uniden UHF, Narva Spotlights, Parkside Towbar, Auto Safe Cargo Barrier, Dark Tint, Dual Battery setup, custom DIY rear storage and fridge slide setup.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi JK,

I to had the same problem and looked at the spacers on the Triton forum from memory they lifted the front of the seat about 30mm and cost about $40 a pair + postage. I thought 30mm was too high for me so I have been playing around with different heights using washers, barrel nut (coupling nut) and HT bolts, I found 25mm was too high so I am down to 20mm and that seems about right. One day I will get some permanent spacers made up that have a larger surface area than the washers I am using now.

cheers, old Jack.

Last edited by old Jack; 08-06-16, 10:52 AM. Reason: photo
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• greig
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2010
      • kanwal

I am fairly tall so I just moved the whole seat back 50mm...

Do you find by lifting the front it makes it more comfortable on a trip ?

Comment

• Troy18
        • Jul 2012
        • Newcastle

Originally posted by greig View Post
        I am fairly tall so I just moved the whole seat back 50mm...

Do you find by lifting the front it makes it more comfortable on a trip ?
        Moving the whole seat back?? Very difficult to do?? I'm 6'9 and always wondered if this was possible..

Comment

• greig
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2010
          • kanwal

Originally posted by Troy18 View Post
          Moving the whole seat back?? Very difficult to do?? I'm 6'9 and always wondered if this was possible..
          I'm only 6'5, but it is technically not legal ( probably alters the ADR ), but if you want to do it, it is very easy..

4 pieces of 100 x 50 x 5 mm steel flat bar from Bunnings....drill them all the same ( 50mm apart )....paint it black....4 x high tensile bolts and nyloc nuts ( I used dome head allen headed ones ), then unbolt the seat....don't move it too far....slip in the extended pieces and rebolt it up...

Comment

• camb
            • Sep 2010
            • melbourne

i made up some spacers for the front of mine..25mm high. drill out 10x1.25 mm thread..get some high tensile bolts and cut length to suit.works a treat..yes, probably not legal now, but who will know?

cam
            2011 pb ls bfg a/t. arb bashplates...many more mods to come when $$$$allow. 2010 pb ls 7 seat, no mods.

Comment

• Motorace
              • Oct 2012
              • Brisbane

Hi guys

I'm having similar issues. Am going to see if I can get the spacers or the rail extension done legally in QLD.

Had some positive feedback over the phone about it. going into the workshop soon.

Will let you guys know how it goes!
              2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011

Making spacers.

Motorace, no problems with getting spacers made but make sure they are made of steel alloy similar high tensile bolts as the threads of the spacer will be in tension when a rearward load is placed on the seat's back rest. Compression and sheer loads are not an issue.
                Do not make them out of aluminium as the threads will not be strong enough!
                Make sure you use high tensile bolts when you fit the spacers.

cheers, old Jack.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• JK017
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Pinjarra WA

Cheers for the replies.

Do the current bolts just screw into threads in the floor?

If so I could machine up some 25mm spacers on the lathe out of some 30mm bright bar and drill a whole through the center. Then just use some longer high tensile bolts.

Just a thought as I have not had a chance to have a good look.
                  2012 PB Challenger - TJM Nudge Bar, Uniden UHF, Narva Spotlights, Parkside Towbar, Auto Safe Cargo Barrier, Dark Tint, Dual Battery setup, custom DIY rear storage and fridge slide setup.

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011

JK,
                    The spacers need to be threaded all the way through like a nut, so they can screw onto the existing studs mounted on the floor and the the existing dome nuts are replaced with HT bolts screwed into the spacers.

cheers, old Jack.

Comment

• JK017
                      • Sep 2012
                      • Pinjarra WA

Cheers old Jack

Spacers wont be a problem to threat at 10mm. Didint realise the Challenger used studs as every other car I have had used bolts to hold the seats in place. Not a Dome nut. But that explains why you used a barrel nut

Have not had a chance to look at my car, but will knock up a set of spacers tomorrow and trial fit over weekend.

Comment

• cookie9
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2014
                        • Central Coast NSW

is anyone making seat spacers at the moment? I find my lumbar spine is in agony these days in the car so want to try something to make it better.

cheers
                        2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• MiteeWidge
                          • Mar 2014
                          • Townsville

Seat spacers

Hi Cookie,
                          Found these seat spacers make a huge difference. Was a struggle to stay in the seat for more than an hour or two but after fitting these spacers, three to four hour stretches are OK. Have also fitted these to the passenger's side as well. Had a local engineering works up here in Townsville make up both sets for $80.00.Not worth the hassle of making your own unless you have the gear. Guess everyone is different but for me, this has been the most worthwhile modification I've made so far.Had our 30th Anniversary Challenger for three years now and no problems at all to date save for a leaking shock.Would not hesitate to buy again. Thank you to all who contribute here.
                          2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

• cookie9
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2014
                            • Central Coast NSW

MiteeWidge, thanks for the promising news! You wouldnt happen to have the spec's of the spacers? I'm not interested in making them myself, happy to pay someone to get a good job
                            2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• Kingbrown
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2012
                              • Port Augusta - SA

Attached is my version.

Threaded Spacers.pdf
                              2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...