• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matcs
    • Mar 2015
    • Blue Mountains

Originally posted by Plunkster View Post
    After much deliberation about removing the DPF I decided to buy the OBDII computer and force regen myself.

I bought iCarsoft HNM II Japanese Vehicles OBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner (iCarsoft HNM II).

They could not guarantee that it worked but I took the risk.

This is the third time I had the issue with the other two being on a trip with the caravan on the back.

Both the others cost me $400 and took hours to fix (I understand they did the oil change as well which I now have to do)

It took me 25 mins and sorted after first go.

Here is the link to the company that sells them - cost me $226.85 plus $6 for express postage

Come see the BEST DEALS on our huge range of In-Car Entertainment, Car Accessories, Portable Devices, Computer & IT, Home Entertainment, Motorcycle, Marine, Watersports, Health, Sports, Hobbies & Toys Home Appliances

I would like to say thanks to every one for their help on this and the forum has been exceptional.

A special thanks to Stoneman as his posts and responses have made me look even harder and in my opinion come up with the right answer for me - even if it wasn't what he would do :-)

Happy to share more information privately if people want it - I live in SW Sydney
    Hi everyone, This is a promising read..
    Iv recently had dpf solid & then flashing with check eng light after I assume a failed dpf klm regen thinking I was ok because previous owner had dpf deleted so now I know after a few years that the ecu has The phantom itch still.
    I bought an obd2 tool from ObdAustralia (MaxiEcu full system) from WA, I have the Mitsubishi license unlocked for it but it won’t show readings or do a regen like I was told by the customer service guy..
    So now iv have to chase up a refund 😢 bet this ain’t gonna be easy..
    Anyway, the ICarsoft HNM-11 looks to be able to do the regen if I’m reading correctly??
    How is it working for everyone after some time has passed now ?
    Thx for any & all help! Mat

Comment

• matcs
      • Mar 2015
      • Blue Mountains

Originally posted by matcs View Post
      Hi everyone, This is a promising read..
      Iv recently had dpf solid & then flashing with check eng light after I assume a failed dpf klm regen thinking I was ok because previous owner had dpf deleted so now I know after a few years that the ecu has The phantom itch still.
      I bought an obd2 tool from ObdAustralia (MaxiEcu full system) from WA, I have the Mitsubishi license unlocked for it but it won’t show readings or do a regen like I was told by the customer service guy..
      So now iv have to chase up a refund 😢 bet this ain’t gonna be easy..
      Anyway, the ICarsoft HNM-11 looks to be able to do the regen if I’m reading correctly??
      How is it working for everyone after some time has passed now ?
      Thx for any & all help! Mat
      Decided to go to Chip Tuning & get egr & dpf turnt off plus a tune. Not sure if I can say price.. so I won’t sorry. But car starts, idles n Stops fine now. No limp mode or lights on However the SCV needs replacing & tune ain’t much different till I replace scv & go back for adjusting if needed but likely.
      Btw. MaxiEcu are going to ask Software gurus for my make to be fully supported by the program as it actually isn’t currently.. Hopefully that’ll mean it actually does what I was told it would. TBA
      Cheap Creader 3001 of EBay does a decent job if anyone wants a cheap device which shows ait, egr, acc, cat temp, ect & a couple other things. Reads n clears most faults I believe.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X