• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jesse1987a
    • May 2012
    • newcastle

1984 swb pajero fuel question

Hey all iv just purchased a 2.6l petrol pajero my question is.can I use just regular unleaded or do I need to use the fuel additive stuff for older cars ??
  • scorpion 42
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • London. uk

Originally posted by jesse1987a View Post
    Hey all iv just purchased a 2.6l petrol pajero my question is.can I use just regular unleaded or do I need to use the fuel additive stuff for older cars ??
    No, just use the unleaded, you could use octane bouster if you think it needs it, but its OK has it is, as long as your tank to engine system is clean.

Comment

• jesse1987a
      • May 2012
      • newcastle

Thanks mate .

Comment

• Blue Paj
        • Oct 2008
        • Bundaberg Qld

is this true i been using the flash lube for the past 5 years as i was told you need to as the older cars were designed to run on super leaded and cant run on unleaded. the lead was what lubricated the top end and if you run straight unleaded you will wreck the top end like lifters and stuff. But some cars did have a conversion done so they could run on unleaded without the additive. so i dont know i am still using flash lube until proved otherwise
        1984 nb swb, 2.6lt, 2 - 2.5 inch lift, (lwb rear springs). Custom rust holes lol. some spot lights, alloy bullbar

Comment

• superspin
          • May 2012
          • Kenya

Originally posted by jesse1987a View Post
          Have used Shell V power in the past, and noticed the performance really improves. Currently I just use unleaded and it runs fine.
          88 LWB 2.6, Bull Bar, 31" BFG steel 15" Wheels, Basket.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X