• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hinsch
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

Fuel Consumption

How is everybody's fuel consumption going lately, I am averaging about 1 litre per week at the moment which is pretty good.
    Hopefully it will gets a lot worse very soon, who would have though someone would look forward to getting worse fuel consumption from their Pajero.
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.
  • Herman4x4
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Melton, Victoria

I normally do about 800 kms a week, been lucky to do 20 kms over the past month! Im loving the time not spent travelling each day.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

About 2 weeks ago, I had to go Cooma to Canberra for medical reasons. I took the Pajero and on the way there, it was using 8.6 l/100 km, and it is slightly downhill. Normally it is around 8.3. On the way back, despite having an overall climb of abut 500 m, it was using 7.8 L/100. Normally it uses more on the way home. Reason - there must have been a headwind, of which I was not aware. It wasn't much of a wind, but it goes to show how sensitive these bricks are to driving into a wind or to driving say 5 or 10 km/h faster.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by erad View Post
        About 2 weeks ago, I had to go Cooma to Canberra for medical reasons. I took the Pajero and on the way there, it was using 8.6 l/100 km, and it is slightly downhill. Normally it is around 8.3. On the way back, despite having an overall climb of abut 500 m, it was using 7.8 L/100. Normally it uses more on the way home. Reason - there must have been a headwind, of which I was not aware. It wasn't much of a wind, but it goes to show how sensitive these bricks are to driving into a wind or to driving say 5 or 10 km/h faster.

Heading from Cairns to Gladstone at different times and depending on head wind I can get anywhere between 12 lts per 100 or 15 litres per 100...towing 2 tonne trailer. Headwinds and tailwinds the biggest factor for variations. One trip I was up to 18 litres per 100. 35 knot wind headon for several hundred k,s...
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

Dicko: Towing a caravan is even more critical regarding wind and speed than just a plain old Pajero Brick. On my last trip around the block, I was towing my 16 ft Jayco Poptop with my NL Pajero mainly on gas - I used about 80 L of petrol on the whole trip. I didn't plant it this way, but I only had headwinds for 2 days. Most of it was no wind (typical for most of OZ) and we had quite a few days of tailwinds. Coming East from Nullarbor, we had really strong tailwinds - I heard on the radio the next morning the winds were 85 km/h, gusting up to 110 km/h. Fuel consumption that day was awesome. That trip the overall fuel consumption was 16.8 l/100 km, and that was on LPG. Excellent I thought.

My NW Pajero is mainly used to tow our caravan and so far, I have averaged about 12.2 l/100 km overall, except when we last came back from Alice, and we just wanted to get home, so I pedalled along at about 110 km/h true speed, and consumption then went up to around 14 L/100 km. The poptop roof is about 150 mm if that higher than the Pajero, and the van has a very short drawbar. End result seems to be that there is very little airflow between the back of the Pajero and the caravan. If I drive on a wet road, the back window of the Pajero stays totally dry until I stop , when rain will get on it. So by chance, I think I have a good aerodynamic setup. Windage is a very important component of fuel consumption.

Comment

• Mundy55
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2015
            • Gold Coast

Originally posted by hinsch View Post
            How is everybody's fuel consumption going lately, I am averaging about 1 litre per week at the moment which is pretty good.
            Hopefully it will gets a lot worse very soon, who would have though someone would look forward to getting worse fuel consumption from their Pajero.
            I have a larger replacement tank on my Paj. I normally only need to fill up once a month unless touring. However, the last time I filled up was mid February and now I still have 2/3 of a tank full left which is likely to take me another 3 months at least to use at the current rate before needing to fill again.

I don't care about the saving, I want to go camping and 4wding again.

Comment

• Terryo
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

Last fill up was 25 litres per week over 3 weeks the fill up before that was 84 litres per week. Was getting up to 90 litres a day back in September.
              The only good thing was last fill up was 109.9 the one in September was 159.9

Terry
              2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
              NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
              NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• Keithyv
                Valued Member
                • May 2018
                • Perth

Diesel is $1.09 in your part of the world?

Thieving b*stards are still charging $1.40 here in Perth!!
                2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X