• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PAJINERO
    • Apr 2019
    • victoria

NW blow by

Hi Guys,
    I'm not really that familiar with the 4M41 CRD engines, so i'm hoping some other owners can shed some light on this for me. I seem to have a lot of blow by, enough to make the cap pop up and down a bit when loosened?
    the vehicles only done 175,000kms and has a full service history, so i'm hoping these engines are "heavy breathers" from factory, and what Im seeing is normal. I checked the crank vent going into the intake tube for signs of excessive oil. There was a small amount of oil film on the tube wall opposite the vent entry, but nothing major. Aside from this the car runs tip top.
    NW Pajero, 3.2 CRD, Lovels/bilstein 2" lift, rear bar, steel bar, winch, dual batteries
  • spiderpig
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by PAJINERO View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I'm not really that familiar with the 4M41 CRD engines, so i'm hoping some other owners can shed some light on this for me. I seem to have a lot of blow by, enough to make the cap pop up and down a bit when loosened?
    the vehicles only done 175,000kms and has a full service history, so i'm hoping these engines are "heavy breathers" from factory, and what Im seeing is normal. I checked the crank vent going into the intake tube for signs of excessive oil. There was a small amount of oil film on the tube wall opposite the vent entry, but nothing major. Aside from this the car runs tip top.
    They are fairly heavy breathers, especially when towing. Highly recommend a provent 200 catch can.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X