• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

New RYCO Catch can kit?

Was just on RYCO website to check a part number for my father and saw them talking about their new catch can range... don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned anywhere else before?

Choose Ryco Filters for the best oil filters, air filters, fuel filters and vehicle products. The leading filter experts in Australia and New Zealand.

• NTBenny
    • May 2017
    • Newcastle

Looks like a suitable alternative to the Provent unit. I wonder what they are worth?

Benny.
    Last edited by NTBenny; 12-02-19, 12:10 PM.
    2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Phil
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2008
      • Sydney

$180
      Shop for Transmission Filters and save with Automotive Superstore! Get the best price, fast shipping and genuine parts to your door.

KIT $233
      Last edited by Phil; 12-02-19, 09:23 AM. Reason: Prices added
      MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

• NXDaniel
        • Jan 2019
        • mooroolbark

has anyone got one of these new units????
        any reviews

Comment

• johndavis125262
          • Apr 2013
          • brisbane

dunno but competition ? regards john

Comment

• Shedtinkerer
            • Apr 2014
            • Melbourne

I have just bought one of these catch cans the basic unit RCC350 comes with a mounting bracket, from ebay $161.
            Easy fitting by mounted on the fire wall using the lower wiper motor bolt hole and earth strap bolt (with 40mm spacer). I used a spacer and a longer bolt to suit the wiper motor as I used a 32 mm spacer tube to keep the unit away from the cables and pipework.
            Have a NW 2104 with TJM snorkel so difficult to mount bracket behind air filter as others have done with the Provent. The ryco unit is supposed to filter better than the Provent?? Supposedly the filter cartridge is interchangeable with the Provent 200
            Have mounting photos if any one is interested.

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Shedtinkerer View Post
              I already have a catch can, so not in the market, but definitely interested in the factory brackets, and your customisation.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2019
                • Brisbane

I have just bought one of these catch cans the basic unit RCC350 comes with a mounting bracket, from ebay $161.
                Easy fitting by mounted on the fire wall using the lower wiper motor bolt hole and earth strap bolt (with 40mm spacer). I used a spacer and a longer bolt to suit the wiper motor as I used a 32 mm spacer tube to keep the unit away from the cables and pipework.
                Have a NW 2104 with TJM snorkel so difficult to mount bracket behind air filter as others have done with the Provent. The ryco unit is supposed to filter better than the Provent?? Supposedly the filter cartridge is interchangeable with the Provent 200
                Be interesting to know what the elements are worth?
                Ongoing service costs may just come down, especially if they've been clever enough to make interchangeable.
                I suspect their has been some good coin being made out of element in the case of Provent.

Edit: Wrong quick google & I suspect Ryco also going to do quite well out of the elements .........
                Last edited by Jasonmc73; 28-11-19, 09:35 PM.
                Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2019
                  • Brisbane

Have just recieved A promotional Email.
                  Ryco catch can kits Auto One have these 30% off RRP at the moment if of any interest too anyone.
                  But it does say store stocks only.
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Pajero12
                    • Dec 2015
                    • Adelaide

Hi Shed,

Could you post the photos of your install for all to see? I'm thinking of getting one too and also have a TJM Snorkel, would be interested to see what you have done.

Thanks!
                    NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
                    MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2017
                      • Sydney

New RYCO Catch can kit?

I either read or watched a review of this over Christmas (can’t remember which) and the reviewer didn’t like that to empty the canister you have to reach under the unit to open a valve, ie directly on the bottom of the unit, and it’s quite tight in some circumstances to get your hand under there. As opposed to the ProVent where (I at least) just lie next to the driver door, head under, cut a couple of cable ties and drain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Steve879
                        • Jan 2014
                        • Canberra

I have just bought one of these kits, got it during Super cheap Boxing Day sale. It bigger than I expected. The kit is very nicely put together, I’ll get some pics of the install once I get time to install.
                        2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

• Steve879
                          • Jan 2014
                          • Canberra

[ATTACH]43015[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43016[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43017[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43018[/ATTACH]
                          2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

• Steve879
                            • Jan 2014
                            • Canberra

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
                            I either read or watched a review of this over Christmas (can’t remember which) and the reviewer didn’t like that to empty the canister you have to reach under the unit to open a valve, ie directly on the bottom of the unit, and it’s quite tight in some circumstances to get your hand under there. As opposed to the ProVent where (I at least) just lie next to the driver door, head under, cut a couple of cable ties and drain it.

The kit I have bought has a drain Hose and valve. Maybe the basic kit doesn’t come with this.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2017
                              • Sydney

Originally posted by Steve879 View Post
                              The kit I have bought has a drain Hose and valve. Maybe the basic kit doesn’t come with this.
                              Is the valve located at the bottom of the unit? Or at the bottom of the drain hose?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X