• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turorit
    • Oct 2016
    • Adelaide

Gen4 NW Yet another 'card holder switches' thread

I thought I'd do something a little different with my card holder. After having an NJ with a million ARB carling switches and other gadgets, I'm trying to keep the NW a little tidier.

Whilst pulling apart the dash to fit Vlad's TC Loom Mod, I modified the card holder to accept 6x 12v rocker switches. Same style as these but I bought them on eBay, 10x for $13. I ordered red but ended up with blue, oh well.

For the pocket, I attempted to design & 3D print a bracket using TinkerCAD. I'm hopeless with 3D design but it kinda worked. I had to drill out the holes and file the back corners as the factory pocket tapers inwards. It was faster for me to do that, than redesign & reprint. With a bit of pushing & shoving, it fit!
    mount.jpg2.testfit.jpg3.switches.jpg

The 'card holder' was cut with a hacksaw and then filed until I could fit 2 switches in horizontally. I also needed to file the short ends of the switch to make them fit. I made a quick backing plate from some scrap wood & painted it black, then hot glued the lot into place.
    These two operate the traction control.
    4.pocket.jpg
    Now I have 6 hidden switches

5.hidden.jpg6.finished.jpg

At this stage they will probably operate HID spotlights, maybe a light bar, rear & side worklights.

Hope this helps someone else with their build!
    Attached Files
    2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
    --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II
  • Herman4x4
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Melton, Victoria

Looks good.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Seigried
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2016
      • brisbane

I like that. Looks good

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...