• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

Converting PDF to GeoTIFF

Just started looking at Oziexplorer and coincidentally found the eTopo 1:50000 charts for NSW. They download (for free) in PDF format. Look great but woeful to use on the iPad (via Goodreader). Found a file converter on the Oziexplorer website but no joy for me on the PC using either the 64bit or the 32bit version.

The converter changes multiple formats to GeoTiff.

The .bat file code is as follows:
    Code:
    echo off
    echo ---
    gdal_translate --config GDAL_PDF_DPI 300 -of GTiff -co COMPRESS=LZW -co "TFW=YES" %1 %2
    echo ---
    if %errorlevel% NEQ 0 goto error

goto noerror

:error

echo ===================
    echo ERROR IN PROCESSING
    echo ===================
    echo ---

pause

:noerror
    I get the error which is why I'm posting. Can anyone give a layman's explanation of what it's trying to do and is there an fix for this? I get that the batch file is not the executable file but wonder if it may just be a case of changing a setting or extension or the like.

Also found this for reference: http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
  • Lakey
    • Apr 2012
    • Brisbane

If the PDFs are GeoPDF then just download Avenza on the iPad and use the maps as is. That all I use once out of Here Maps coverage on my phone.
    Cheers
    Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• NFT5
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Canberra

The batch file looks like it needs input and output file arguments. So, it's running but doesn’t know what to run on nor where to send the results.

Just had a quick look at your link which seems to confirm. See the section on arguments.

Running this in Windows is, arguably the worst way to do it. If you have access to a Linux machine you'll likely get better, faster results, but it will be command line all the way.
      Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X