• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Brownie View Post
    Had a hema hx1 last Christmas. It was really really good when it worked.........but it did not like the heat sitting on the dash. It would get stuck in its boot cycle, and not start. To fix it, all that was required was to unclip it from its mount, and hold it over an air con vent for 5 minutes, and then it would start working. We returned it to hema, and they claimed to fix it, but it was no better. Hema gave us our money back no problems. I am looking forward to when the heat issue has been fixed, and would buy another one.
    My HN7 has been on the dash for 3 years. Up to the Cape and several trips to Cooktown, 3 hot and humid wet seasons and still goes well. Battery is about stuffed but its on 12 volt car power anyway. Wonder what they did to stuff up a good product?
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Another option....

Sure helps the funds if you already have the maps:

So I have been asked a bit lately what would I recommend in regards to sat nav in your vehicle. Would I recommend a hema such as the HN7, a ...

I have been running ozi on a pc for years in the car. I wanted a more portable option.

Only 1 trip down so far, and whilst its not a patch on ozi PC, it should do the job.

To my mind, a tab is more versatile, but the HX-1 ticks boxes if you want a smaller unit, no mucking around with setup and comes with a baseline of maps (street and off road) out of the box.

Horses for courses I guess
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• BeanCounter
        • Mar 2012
        • Tasmania

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
        Wonder what they did to stuff up a good product?
        Shaved a few dollars off the cost here, a little bit there etc. Slightly cheaper batteries, slightly thinner housing materials, lowest construction bidder etc. Sad thing is that most standard quality gear you buy nowdays was the Chinese quality from a number of years ago.

Bloody accountants!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X