• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outback_dreamer
    • May 2012
    • Perth

Exhaust heat shield

Originally posted by Glenno View Post
    Paul => definitely an issue with exhaust side on the NX and dealer mentioned that this is fairly common on some late MY16 builds but majority just live with it (some worse than others) . What is your build date as we may have a common issue! Have checked the exhaust shield and retightened exhaust and played with the rubber hangers to no avail. Got my wife to drive and when you sit in the passengers seat you can feel the vibration through the seat so must be travelling up through the floor (very unpleasant). As for the seatbelt thingy, I'm still trying to resolve that one but may be connected with the exhaust vibe.
    Cheers

Glenno
    Hi I had a vibration (like metal rattling sound) at low revs and could not track it. I took it to a Mitsubishi dealership and they found that the heat reflector mounted on the exhaust broke loose on one side. They informed me that they corrected the issue by welding the cracked weld. I was very surprised when I looked under the bonnet to find that they did not fix the weld but removed the loose plate. Does anyone know whether I should return the car to have the problem corrected or is the shield not that important. See the picture. I highlighted the area where the plate was removed.

Cheers. Click image for larger version

Name:	1BBD3014-0955-438A-94BF-6917ED11DA4D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	980940
    Pajero MW, Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Rhino roof Rack, Rhino Crossbars, Rhino SunSeeker2, RedArc BCDC1220, ICOM 440N radio, ARB bulbar

Comment

• Jimred07
      • Oct 2017
      • Brisbane

Mine is going in tomorrow chasing a vibration, mainly at idle...Feb 17 build

Comment

• outback_dreamer
        • May 2012
        • Perth

Vibration

Originally posted by Jimred07 View Post
        Mine is going in tomorrow chasing a vibration, mainly at idle...Feb 17 build
        Hi did they find the source of your problem?
        Pajero MW, Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Rhino roof Rack, Rhino Crossbars, Rhino SunSeeker2, RedArc BCDC1220, ICOM 440N radio, ARB bulbar

Comment

• Jimred07
          • Oct 2017
          • Brisbane

Nope. THeyc said it was as expected. So today I drove from Brisbane to Maroochydore, all highway at 100/110 and had a tingle in my foot and let from vibrations through the pedals and floor. Took the car straight back to the dealer with it hot and went for a drive with service manager. I could clearly feel a fast, low oscillation vibration through the floor. They agreed to have the car for half a day to look at it, but I gotthe impression its only because I came nack again the day after first going in...

Am I rwrong in hoping for a 4WD that doesnt have vibrations and resulting tingles in the foot?? I cant remember this in 3 test drives...

Also 9.2 L/100 on highway with free flowing traffic....??

Comment

• Jimred07
            • Oct 2017
            • Brisbane

reading this thread is answering my questions

Comment

• Jimred07
              • Oct 2017
              • Brisbane

Solved

Old thread, but after 2 years I have resolved the vibration discussed here under the passenger feet. The DPF heat shield is mounted firm against the chassis. Local mechanics put in spacers. Problem solved.

Comment

• Tenacity
                • Oct 2019
                • Willetton WA

Glad to hear you've found the culprit.

For reference; have found the automotive stethoscope to be invaluable in finding the source of unexplained vibrations/noises.

Originally posted by Wyld View Post
                Just an update, the mechs worked on it a lot and found they needed to add a spacer or something to the cover over the dpf. Vibration gone. Like Glenno said, can never be sure where these things are coming from.
                Attached Files
                2019 NX Pajero
                OEM Alloy Bull-Bar, Bushranger Nighthawke Light Bar, Whispbar roof bars, Uniden UH8080S, Provent 200 Catch-can, Redarc tow-pro

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Victoria

Originally posted by terrycrf View Post
                  I spent weeks chasing a vibration was convinced it was behind dash or centre console ended up being the Toll Tag stuck to windscreen, replaced it & no problems since. I was amazed at how far the vibration sound can travel. Good luck!

Yep, I was chasing a noise on an ASX, which i was adamant it was the exhaust heat sheild rattling. By pure chance as it was doing it i touched the windscreen, and the noise changed.

Removed the e-tag, Noise gone. Crazy what the smallest thing can do
                  2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Wyld
                    • Jun 2017
                    • Wagga Wagga

That's great, thanks for update.
                    MY2017 Exceed, Ironman 9500 winch, GME UHF, BOO's Bash Plates, Ironman Light Bar, Ironman premium Bullbar, Redarc tow pro, dual battery system with Ironman 40A dc to dc charger

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X