• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Graphite_nw
    • Feb 2012
    • Perth

Platinum Fishing Rig

Hi all

Well here's my first step towards my dream fishing rig... the tow car... she's a my12 Platinum Paj... mods to come include new rubber, bull bar, lift, compressor, lights. This is my first 4wd so really looking forward to hitting the beachs north of Perth and trips up to Exxy. Boat to come next.

nick
    Attached Files
    2012 Platinum Pajero in Graphite - Mickey Thompson STZs , ARB Deluxe Bar, ARB onboard compressor, F1 Tint, Narva Extreme HIDs, maxtrax
  • woody
    • Sep 2011
    • Karratha

Gee they look good when they're brand new gotta love a blank canvas
    Deceased: 2002 3.5 GLS auto, ECB alloy bullbar, ECB alloy tubular sidesteps, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 ribs 265/75/16, Reverse camera, Alpine stereo, 2 inch sd lovells springs + lovells shocks, custom 3mm steel sump guard, freebie 220mm spotlights, rola roof racks, oricom uhf. Claimed by a dodgy Kangaroo Island road and an inexperienced and remorseful girlfriend.

Now driving a prado 120 gxl and secretly missing the paj!

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Looks very nice Nick. Make sure you update the pics when the mods come along.

A free plug for me: a perfect exe fishing boat here

Looks mint behind a paj too

If my blatant spamming and hijacking your thread offends, just say the word

Shane.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• glendo
        • Jul 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by Graphite_nw View Post
        Hi all

Well here's my first step towards my dream fishing rig... the tow car... she's a my12 Platinum Paj... mods to come include new rubber, bull bar, lift, compressor, lights. This is my first 4wd so really looking forward to hitting the beachs north of Perth and trips up to Exxy. Boat to come next.

nick
        That's a flash first four wheel drive Nick - well done and great choice! Some of those beaches north of Perth like Moore River (Guilderton) can be really soft, I let tyres down to 18PSI to start and then take it from there. (Great looking offshore boat Shane - no, i can't afford it!)

Glen
        94 NJ GLS, 2" lift, Tough Dog susp.,ARB steel bar, spots, steel sliders,150 litre tank, Safari snorkel, 16' alloys with Dualers, GME gear, wife with 95 NJ GLX, 4 kids and a mortgage that wont go away.

Comment

• Graphite_nw
          • Feb 2012
          • Perth

Thanks fellas... she looks great now whilst she's pristine and still shiny! I'm planning to do a 4wd course so hopefully that'll help with my beach driving. Driven a few beaches in my life in mates 4wd's and been reading heaps of tips on here so can't wait to get out there in my own rig.

will definitely put some pics up of the mods, tyre shop tomorrow here we come!

V.nice trailcraft!!! looks great behind a paj, very tidy tub! Mine might have to wait a while whilst the cheque book recovers
          2012 Platinum Pajero in Graphite - Mickey Thompson STZs , ARB Deluxe Bar, ARB onboard compressor, F1 Tint, Narva Extreme HIDs, maxtrax

Comment

• glendo
            • Jul 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by Graphite_nw View Post
            Thanks fellas... she looks great now whilst she's pristine and still shiny! I'm planning to do a 4wd course so hopefully that'll help with my beach driving. Driven a few beaches in my life in mates 4wd's and been reading heaps of tips on here so can't wait to get out there in my own rig.

will definitely put some pics up of the mods, tyre shop tomorrow here we come!

V.nice trailcraft!!! looks great behind a paj, very tidy tub! Mine might have to wait a while whilst the cheque book recovers
            4WD course is an excellent idea and beach driving is different to anything else. (Great way to find some big Tailor and late night, high tide Mulloway.)
            Cheers
            Glen
            94 NJ GLS, 2" lift, Tough Dog susp.,ARB steel bar, spots, steel sliders,150 litre tank, Safari snorkel, 16' alloys with Dualers, GME gear, wife with 95 NJ GLX, 4 kids and a mortgage that wont go away.

Comment

• justcruizin
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2008
              • Brisbane

I realy like that graphite colour too! Great purchase!
              08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• Graphite_nw
                • Feb 2012
                • Perth

Booked her in on saturday to pick up some new boots. Got the new Mickey Thompson STZs. Really happy with how they sound/or don't sound on the road. They're very quiet and couldn't really pick much difference with the Yoko G902s though i'd only done about 100ks on them before they got changed. The STZs look pretty cool too.

Took her all the way up to Cervantes for the day and through the Pinnacles and I was quietly surprised how good a highway car the Paj is. Overtaking was a breeze at 100km/hr, use the sports shift to drop down to 4th give it some right boot and you're flying at 120-130km/hr in a flash. Got so much space with 4 tyres in the back, fishing and snorkelling gear and other bits and pieces. Can't wait to do a more serious fishing/camping trip.

Only thing I'm yet to see is great fuel consumption. At the moment she's averaging about 11.5ltrs per 100ks. I'm guessing it should get better as the motor gets looser so we'll see.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Graphite_nw
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Perth

Took the Paj down to White Hills on saturday with a mate who has an NT RX and was super happy with the performance. The semi-auto gearbox is fantastic for 4wding on the beach and up the dunes, the shift is so quick you don't have to think when you need a bit more torque and power when it gets a bit boggy. At no point did she feel like she was going to get bogged and the STZs were only at 20psi.

Can't wait to do a 4wd course and hit some more challenging sand.

On the fishing front, white hills was very quiet, mulies were coming back untouched, dont think the moon and tides were in our favour on saturday night. In hindsight we should have used more of the technology available to us (i.e. Google Maps) and not parked in front of a very weedy reefy area.

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

HI,

Nice looking paj - congrats!

The accessories never stop - it's fun!

Shane, looks good with your platey.

Here's our gal behind our Paj.

Taken in front of our cabin at hallifax HP, Port Stephens

Cheers,
                    Sally

PS Just returned form Port Stephens. Caught some nice snapper at Broughton. The best place to take your boat! Some huge Marlin were on too. Wow!
                    SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Graphite_nw
                      • Feb 2012
                      • Perth

Well the mods have started... got an ARB delxue bar fitted along with onboard compressor. Really impressed with how quickly the compressor can pump up 4 tyres from 18psi... seems to take about 5 minutes which is great!

Got her on the beach a couple of times, once down in White hills with an NT RX and also up to Wilbinga
                      Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X