Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 12-02-20
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndavis125262 View Post
my battery is 120ah fullriver so it can take that 40amp no problem
Data sheet here lists maximum charge current of 30 A.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 12-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Data sheet here lists maximum charge current of 30 A.
30amp continuance it wont stay there for long 40 amp will not hurt it for short period well the new enerdrive is screwed then they push 40amps its fine

here watch this as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlFI-NogwCM
Old 13-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
The new enerdrive 40 amp is fine for a 120 amp full river. The battery would have to be very low for the enerdrive to be pushing out 40 amps for any length of time. . I use a 40 amp enerdrive on one of my fullriver 120 amp batteries and very rarely see anything over 30 amp being pulled. Normally this lasts a couple of minutes and then starts its downward spiral to low amperage output before it self floats.. If in any doubt or your a little pedantic just dial the enerdrive back to a 30 amp output...its very selectable in battery type and amperage output...It can go to 50 amps if need be. I prefer to buy quality electronic gear after years of working with the gear and wanting a nice cold beer/drink upon arrival at a campsite.
tottally agree dicko1 i was tired of always having to check battery thats why i went with 1240d been running it last few months couple of hrs and she charged
Old 13-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman42 View Post
I see your point about the batteries and weight. I guess as for the battery I'm looking for decent price v performance and read typically good things about the Giant...
totally agree...

i'm sure if money was no object, a fullriver would be a great choice.

but, for many (myself included), money is an object, so if i can get a decent, well regarded battery for nearly half the price of a fullriver, and it lasts me a bit more than half the expected life of a fullriver (and that's not guaranteed, by any stretch), than that's a win, IMO...

i got one of these a while ago and it hasn't missed a beat.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130AH-12...E/272988458281
Old 13-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paceman View Post
totally agree...

i'm sure if money was no object, a fullriver would be a great choice.

but, for many (myself included), money is an object, so if i can get a decent, well regarded battery for nearly half the price of a fullriver, and it lasts me a bit more than half the expected life of a fullriver (and that's not guaranteed, by any stretch), than that's a win, IMO...

i got one of these a while ago and it hasn't missed a beat.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130AH-12...E/272988458281

Money is nearly always a factor The biggest influence is whether you are getting what you paid for and whether it is value. The battery you selected is closer to 100amp hr than 130 (30kg per 100amps) That works out to about $28 per 10amp/hrs. Now a fullriver 120 amp hour is a genuine 120 amps and around $400..This is about $30 per 10 amps.

Dollar per amp the fullriver flogs the other brand and you know you will get many years out of the fullriver. I hate seeing people getting sucked in by bullshit advertising...dont worry..I,ve been sucked in before. Now I do a lot more homework before spending/wasting my dollars.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 13-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Money is nearly always a factor The biggest influence is whether you are getting what you paid for and whether it is value. The battery you selected is closer to 100amp hr than 130 (30kg per 100amps) That works out to about $28 per 10amp/hrs. Now a fullriver 120 amp hour is a genuine 120 amps and around $400..This is about $30 per 10 amps.

Dollar per amp the fullriver flogs the other brand and you know you will get many years out of the fullriver. I hate seeing people getting sucked in by bullshit advertising...dont worry..I,ve been sucked in before. Now I do a lot more homework before spending/wasting my dollars.
and that's the rub, isn't it...

i don't see it as wasting my $$$ or being sucked in by advertising, i see it as using the $$$ i have to get the best that i can.

everyone's situation is different... the OP and i are similarly aligned, by the looks... do what we can with what we have.
Old 17-02-20
Valued Member

G'day Tinman,
I was having a look for a fuse that is on only when car is running, the rear wiper looks to be one of these.
Ill be using a fuse splitter/piggy back fuse holder from jaycar.
I can get the part number if you want to use one.
Cheers,
Andrew

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.