• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soa
    • Mar 2020
    • Iran

Remote mirror switch issue

Hi
    Remote mirrors of my car (pajero gen 2 lwb 1991) do not work so i am trying to find the problem.
    At first , I checked the mirror (driver side) by means of connecting 12 V directly to terminals, it has no problem and works properly.
    After that i checked harness , wires continuity, fuse and connector which is connected to remote mirrors switch(C02) ,again no problem.
    Finally i checked the mirrors remote switch , it seems dont work properly.
    When I was checking it for any short or open connections i noticed an open circuit between terminal no 2 and terminal no 9 when selector was at RH position and another open circuit between terminal 8 and 3 when selector selected to LH .
    I attached remote controlled circuit diagram.
    I doubt if these two open circuit is ok or not.
    Would you please explain me why there are two open circuit and is it normal or not?
    Attached Files
  • arrow
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2007

I have a vague recollection of finding some time ago that when the fuse for the cigarette lighter on the centre console rear of the gear lever blew, it also stopped the mirrors working. I imagine you’ve checked all the fuses.

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

I looked up the Haynes W/S manual for the NL, and it shows the power supply for the mirrors as being Fuse No 1, a 15 A fuse. The mirrors are active when the ignition switch is on Acc or On. They won't work if the Ign Switch is Off.

Comment

• Soa
        • Mar 2020
        • Iran

Hi
        I have checked the fuse and also it is not operated when switch is on.
        Thank you arrow and erad

Comment

• Kingbrown
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2012
          • Port Augusta - SA

As there's no operation in either LH or RH positions, I would suspect a connection that is common to BOTH sides.

Hence check the continuity of connections at Pin 7, Pin 4, Pin 6, #10 ground.
          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

Have you also checked all the other fuses Soa?

I've found unrelated things started wiring when an unrelated fuse was fixed. I think one was clock fuse stopped central locking working in my car

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by Soa View Post
              Hi
              I have checked the fuse and also it is not operated when switch is on.
              Thank you arrow and erad
              How have you checked the fuse? When the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, there should be 12 Volts at the 'hot' side of the fuse. When no movement of the mirror is called for, there should be 12 V on both sides of the fuse. When the mirror is moving, there should be a slight voltage drop across the fuse.

Comment

• namman2
                • Jul 2016
                • Gaza

It is possible that the switch is corroded from the inside, it has copper contact surface that could become corroded with time, it happened to me and I replaced the switch and it worked without any problem.

Also a possible solution you could try and get an electric contact cleaner and open up the switch and clean the contact surfaces, I tried that with the door switches and room lamps and so far they are working without any problem

Comment

• erad
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Cooma NSW

Check for 12V at the switch before pulling anything apart. If no 12 V, then you have to start working back to find where the problem is. That is when the fun starts...

If you have 12 V at the switch, then it is likely the switch r the mirror motor itself, in which case you check to see if the motor is getting 12 V.

Comment

• Soa
                    • Mar 2020
                    • Iran

After checking mirrors and harness i was sure that the problem is mirror switch so i replaced it , mirrors now work.
                    i take some photos from mirror switch while it was dismantled, i cand find the problem and cant repiar it but maybe these picture would be useful for somebody else.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• disco stu
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2018
                      • Wollongong

Good to hear it's sorted

Comment

• Pajblue
                        • Dec 2012
                        • Australia

my mirrors not working

Interesting...mine don't work either.

Never got around to finding out root cause.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X