• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2freeq
    • Apr 2011
    • Wollongong

NS 3.2 Fuel Rail Pressue

Hi,

I'm diagnosing a low power issue in my 3.2 NS after an intake manifold clean. Process of elimination has me looking at fuel rail pressure next.

Can anyone tell me what their fuel rail pressure is at idle, 2000rpm and 3000rpm?

Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Currently Own
    - 2008 NS 3.2L TD - Smart Bar, Warn winch, Kings spot lights, Dual batteries, UHF, Roof basket, Kings Awning, AT tyres + more to come!
    - 2006 NP 3.8L - Alloy bullbar, Spotlights, Ironman 2" lift, UHF, AT tyres

Previously Owned
    - 1992 NH 2.5L TD - Bullbar, Winch, Roof basket, UHF, AT tyres
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Did you have the same low power issue before the inlet clean?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• 2freeq
      • Apr 2011
      • Wollongong

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
      Did you have the same low power issue before the inlet clean?

No not at all. The car was running great when i started the clean. It's something i've done whilst reassembling it. No idea what though. I've pulled it apart 3 times investigating.
      Currently Own
      - 2008 NS 3.2L TD - Smart Bar, Warn winch, Kings spot lights, Dual batteries, UHF, Roof basket, Kings Awning, AT tyres + more to come!

Previously Owned

Comment

• rgrubby
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2018
        • Wellington - NZ

878 RPM = 4790 PSI
        2047 RPM = 11059 PSI
        3079 RPM = 13629 PSI

Intake manifold pressure was about 14 PSI at idle (I think) raising to somewhere in the 20s. I didn't get snapshot of those
        2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• Seigried
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2016
          • brisbane

It might help if you list what you have already checked and confirmed to not be the issue.

Comment

• rgrubby
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2018
            • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by rgrubby View Post
            878 RPM = 4790 PSI
            2047 RPM = 11059 PSI
            3079 RPM = 13629 PSI
            Intake manifold pressure was about 14 PSI at idle (I think) raising to somewhere in the 20s. I didn't get snapshot of those
            The above were stationary
            This screenshot was while driving. Sorry the intake pressure scale is way to high
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200423-154443_Torque.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	985414
            2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• 2freeq
              • Apr 2011
              • Wollongong

It might help if you list what you have already checked and confirmed to not be the issue.

Ok, i have checked the
              1- Map sensor and hose and into into manifold
              2- Maf sensor cleaned
              3- intercooler pressure test for boost leaks
              4- All vacuum hose checked for splits and loose fittings
              5- all electrical connections that i touch during the manifold clean
              6- No fuel leaks
              7- sprayed WD40 around intake manifold looking for intake leaks
              8- Taken DPF off and installed DPF delete pipe as im getting a P1499 code but that came after a couple days after the low power fault when test driving
              9- Waste gate actuator
              10- Boost control solenoid (you can hear it slick when disconnect power and vacuum stops when disconnected.
              11- Vacuum solenoid on intake side that moves the actuator for the butterflies inside bottom manifold
              12- sprayed soapy water around all hose
              13- replaced Suction Control Valve
              14- checked all fuses

Thats everything i can think of that i've checked so far.....
              Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• 2freeq
                • Apr 2011
                • Wollongong

This screenshot was while driving. Sorry the intake pressure scale is way to high
                [ATTACH]43598[/ATTACH]
                I am certainly not getting the same boost or fuel pressure......

need to work out is it the fuel pressure not letting it boost or the lack of boost restricting fuel pressure......
                Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• 2freeq
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Wollongong

[ATTACH]43598[/ATTACH]
                  My intake pressure lower than yours too
                  Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• Seigried
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2016
                    • brisbane

Im actualy have the same fuel pressure as you stationary using torque. My engine is in bits at the moment as i have just cleaned the manifold and am cleaning the ports etc. So i cant comment on post clean. Did you check/adjust your valves?

Comment

• Seigried
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2016
                      • brisbane

Mine is chipped too. Not sure if it makes a diference when stationary.

Comment

• 2freeq
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Wollongong

Im actualy have the same fuel pressure as you stationary using torque. My engine is in bits at the moment as i have just cleaned the manifold and am cleaning the ports etc. So i cant comment on post clean. Did you check/adjust your valves?

No i didn't touch the valves as i wasn't 100% confident so i figured i'd leave them for another day.
                        Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• Scooby
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • Ipswich, Qld.

To check you boost sensor use a a bicycle pump or similar to put some pressure into It while you watch your scan gauge or whatever you are using to see if it registers or changes.
                          Also atmospheric pressure is about 14psi. Some readings include absolute pressure which adds 14psi to the total.
                          So if you see a reading when the engine is stopped of 14psi When it should be zero it most likely is this and not a problem.
                          Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• 2freeq
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Wollongong

Originally posted by Scooby View Post
                            To check you boost sensor use a a bicycle pump or similar to put some pressure into It while you watch your scan gauge or whatever you are using to see if it registers or changes.
                            Also atmospheric pressure is about 14psi. Some readings include absolute pressure which adds 14psi to the total.
                            So if you see a reading when the engine is stopped of 14psi When it should be zero it most likely is this and not a problem.
                            Ill check this, I use 2 different scan tool apps, One shows 14.6psi boost even when car is off (atmospheric pressure) the other shows zero till it registers boost or Vacuum.

Ill try them both. Thanks.
                            Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• Ky1e
                              • Aug 2015
                              • Muswellbrook

Did reply to your post on the FB page...
                              Have you double checked that you have the vacuum hoses for the intake runner butterflies around the right way?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X