X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris4x4
    • May 2012
    • Geelong

Oh, and I tip bad news on the rear lights front (or should that be back?)[/QUOTE]

Do you have any inside info or pure guess?

MM can’t be serious keeping the rear that way surely. Would rule me out buying one.
    2022 Paj Sport, Grey, nicely hidden factory towbar, thanks MM,

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
      • Aug 2012
      • Brisbane, Southside

Regarding the MUX, I recently had my son’s new MUX for a day, and being wet weather put it into 4WD H and was very dissappointed to find it is not AWD like the Paj Paj Sport, you can only select 4WD on dirt.

The other thing I quickly found is that it has a very limiting turning circle, not at all like the Paj. I very nearly bought an MUX when shopping the Paj Sport, and I must say I’m glad I went to the PS. The MUX is a very good 4WD but quite different to the Paj.

And finally, I’ve owned two Pajeros, an NP and an NT and loved them both, but the PS is delighting me with its all round capabilities and has been a good choice. Having just hauled the van to Sth Aust and back it performed flawlessly. So just because it’s not a Pajero 3.2 doesn’t make it les in any way.
      Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
      Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

Some of the videos on YouTube give the Paj Sport a good rap.

You've probably seen the stuff from John Cadogan, which is an acquired taste, but he does know his stuff and is a fan of the Triton and the Sport which is built on the Triton foundations.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Open for discussion.
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• aussieintas
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2013
            • Sorell, Tasmania

Looking at the video released in the Phillipines the tail lights are still long thin ones but a slightly different lens......in short basically the same or very similar.

Here's a still taken from video. The bottom of the illuminated taillight is not where it ends, it continues down.

Dare I ask........does this mean we need to start a Gen 2 Pajero Sport sub forum
            Attached Files
            2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
            88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
            92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
            92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
            99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
            95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
            08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• gaz1
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Blue Mountains NSW

Whilst style is really not what should decide on buying/dismissing a vehicle, I have to say that the rear styling, particularly the lights, is enough to put me off the Sport. Now I haven't driven one (basically because I am not shopping at present), but from the reports of current owners if the PS is as good as they say, the "whole vehicle" might over-rule my horror at the rear end appearance. If and when I decide to retire the current NT - by then I might be "past it" anyway!
              2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Chris4x4
                • May 2012
                • Geelong

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
                Whilst style is really not what should decide on buying/dismissing a vehicle, I have to say that the rear styling, particularly the lights, is enough to put me off the Sport. Now I haven't driven one (basically because I am not shopping at present), but from the reports of current owners if the PS is as good as they say, the "whole vehicle" might over-rule my horror at the rear end appearance. If and when I decide to retire the current NT - by then I might be "past it" anyway!
                It’s quite strange, I’m not sure where they got there ideas from as I don’t think any other car/suv/4wd ever had a look like that. Long skinny lights on the back just don’t work, it’s like some kids we’re part of the design team and wanted to add some extra decoration.
                2022 Paj Sport, Grey, nicely hidden factory towbar, thanks MM,

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Chris4x4 View Post
                  It’s quite strange, I’m not sure where they got there ideas from as I don’t think any other car/suv/4wd ever had a look like that. Long skinny lights on the back just don’t work, it’s like some kids we’re part of the design team and wanted to add some extra decoration.
                  Volvo and Honda Jazz have use similar rear lights designs over the last 5 years, they sort of work on these cars but on the PS it doesn't quite work for me. I much prefer the rounded Euro look of the Challenger's rear styling than the angular Asian look of the PS.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• DID Dash
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Australia

I am with OJ, preferred the rear appearance of my Challenger over my new Pajero Sport, but do find the PS superior in every other way than the Challenger I replaced. I can’t see the tail lamps from the drivers seat either, and neighbours still talking to me if I park (bum) out to the street.
                    17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
                      • Aug 2012
                      • Brisbane, Southside

The rear lights just aren’t an issue for me, I’ve never bought a vehicle based on its tail lights, as long as they work I’m OK.

But I LOVE 💖 the towbar and electrics hook up where the Anderson plug, tow plug, safety chains and load levellers can be connected from a standing position, never having to get down in my clean clothes under the vehicle, not even on wet days or dusty conditions! And the lift up rear door!

It is so practical I thank it every day on the road.
                      Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011

Hi GGG,

No arguement on the lift up rear door, once you have had one you never want to go back to a side swing door with a spare tyre mounted on it!
                        Main issue that prevents me upgrading to a PS apart from being a tight ars$ and the Challenger only being at half life and still doing the job, is the PS centre console. I just didn't feel comfortable when I sat in and drove the PS. The rear styling is not my preference but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if all the other boxes were ticked.

Life is a compromise, you just have to decide what you are going to compromise on.

OJ.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Ian H
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2015
                          • Melbourne

I went and sat in one again the other day and the rear doesn't bother me as much as it once did. I really like the lift up tail gate too. I'm at the stage where if I took one for a test drive, that could seal the deal.
                          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Brisbane, Southside

Yes OJ, the centre console is tighter than the NT Paj, but I’m used to it now and have adjusted my manspread position to suit. I’ve done some big k’s on trips now and don’t find it an issue.

On the positive side, I just love the little storage areas either side of the console, drivers side hold my keys etc, passenger side houses the CB mike when not in use.

But yes, every design decision is compromise.
                            Greg Grey Grumbly

Comment

• ron.dunn
                              • Jul 2019
                              • Central Victoria

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                              Main issue that prevents me upgrading to a PS ... is the PS centre console.
                              It isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but still bad enough that I'm going to visit a couple of motor trimmers to discuss getting rid of the "wings".
                              Pajero Sport GLS

Comment

• old Jack
                                Regular
                                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by ron.dunn View Post
                                It isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but still bad enough that I'm going to visit a couple of motor trimmers to discuss getting rid of the "wings".
                                The front floor console "wings" (MMC call them "garnish") just clip onto the main console body. Not sure how daggy it would look if these were removed?
                                May be they could be replaced with an upholstered panel?

OJ.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X