• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by drgtr View Post

Because this will be the 3rd battery in 2 months.
    I think it's HIGHLY unlikely to be a dud battery unless you are buying them on ebay or from a cheapo joint.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Spoke too soon. This morning. Car was 12 volts. Should i burn the car?

Nothing is attached now. Its stock spec

Sometimes we have to bite the bullet & consult a sparkie?

If you leave battery disconnected & get the desired result & cannot fathom why when connected it goes flat it could be your next option??
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Muzza
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Nsw

I have this problem, about a week to10 days without use, and the battery will be flat I’m on battery 4 after 6 years. I disconnected the main wiring plug to the trailer brake controller and I assume power to rear trailer ECU, and problem has slowed down.
        Muzza
        2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
        2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
        2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• drgtr
          • Sep 2019
          • Rosemeadow

Can someone please kindly check their morning voltage with a multimeter before going to work

4.30pm - 12.72 volts
          6.30pm - 12.62 volts
          9.15pm - 12.54 volts

this morning 12.3 volts.

Started fine.

I will take to autoelectrician but I have a feeling he is going to do a parasitic test and test battery and alternator and say everything is fine and going to charge me for nothing

Comment

• drgtr
            • Sep 2019
            • Rosemeadow

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
            I have this problem, about a week to10 days without use, and the battery will be flat I’m on battery 4 after 6 years. I disconnected the main wiring plug to the trailer brake controller and I assume power to rear trailer ECU, and problem has slowed down.
            I disconnected that trailer plug wire to the battery too.

What should a morning voltage be if car left sitting overnight?
            I need some comparable data

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

I occasionally get a flat battery in my NW Pajero. My car gets used intermittently - Where possible I won't use it for short runs and use my wife's Outlander as a shopping cart.

I do have the ignition switch bypass for the windows (wonderful mod). I blame this for the parasitic draw. I don't like getting a flat battery, but the convenience and safety of not needing the ignition on to activate the windows far outweighs getting the occasional flat battery. Winter time is worse for the battery.

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

Can someone please kindly check their morning voltage with a multimeter before going to work

4.30pm - 12.72 volts
                6.30pm - 12.62 volts
                9.15pm - 12.54 volts

this morning 12.3 volts.

Started fine.

I will take to autoelectrician but I have a feeling he is going to do a parasitic test and test battery and alternator and say everything is fine and going to charge me for nothing
                Was that with the battery still connected or fully disconnected?
                Refer Dicko's post #26 above - 12.3 is too low & it has lost too much if isolated.
                It should not be dropping like that unless there is a significant load on it.

Difficult to compare to another battery, unless it is also brand new and used in similar conditions (mine is old so can't compare)
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• drgtr
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Rosemeadow

Was still connected. Ill do the battery disconnect tonight.

I doubt its the bbrand new battery. Ac delco brand.

Can someone check for for me as someone told me voltage in the morning is definitely not 12.6 volts on any car

I need proof if possible. Thanks

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

Mines a reasonably new battery and it's showing 12.3 this morning, I had the car at the automelec yesterday for some work and asked him to check both batteries and he said all good. The aux battery is showing 12.6
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Was still connected. Ill do the battery disconnect tonight.

I doubt its the bbrand new battery. Ac delco brand.

Can someone check for for me as someone told me voltage in the morning is definitely not 12.6 volts on any car

I need proof if possible. Thanks
                      Mine is 12.47v now and it didn't have a very long drive yesterday, so may not have been fully charged to start with. But it is over 5 years old, so past it's best. Temperature can have an impact - it is about 16 degrees at present.

It does sound like you have some sort of drain on it, but do the isolation test to prove once & for all whether it is the battery or the car. Then repeat the test, removing one item of potential load each night until you find the drain disappears. Start with the aftermarket items & trailer gear. You need to fully disconnect each aftermarket item, ie, unplug them. If you methodically follow the process of elimination you should find the culprit.
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Greater Sydney

Our NS that hasn't had a decent run since Sunday is showing 12.43 on an eighteen month old battery.

Comment

• drgtr
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Rosemeadow

Thanks guys. Definitely disconnecting battery tonight but main thing was i didnt want to chase a dud lead if all batteries have drains overnight when connected.

So I need comparison data with batteries plugged in.

Comment

• drgtr
                            • Sep 2019
                            • Rosemeadow

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                            Our NS that hasn't had a decent run since Sunday is showing 12.43 on an eighteen month old battery.
                            But it was driven day before?
                            Then left overnight and this is the overnight voltage?

Comment

• Mike DiD
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2007

I did the Window Switch permanently enabled mod on my NS and now the NX. Yes, the LED near the switch is permanently on, but I assume it only draws a couple of milliamps.

I had no problem with battery discharge in the NS, but I know if I haven't driven the NX for a week, it will not start.
                              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• drgtr
                                • Sep 2019
                                • Rosemeadow

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
                                I did the Window Switch permanently enabled mod on my NS and now the NX. Yes, the LED near the switch is permanently on, but I assume it only draws a couple of milliamps.

I had no problem with battery discharge in the NS, but I know if I haven't driven the NX for a week, it will not start.
                                Sorry which mod and how is it done
                                IS there a link.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X