Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > GPS Tech / Navigation

GPS Tech / Navigation Discussion on GPS units. Maps and laptops

Old 28-12-15

Default Best GPS/satnav

Hi all. I know it's all opinion based, but what's the best value for money gps around? I need it to have camera input (and easily switch between navigation and camera) and on and off road maps.

cheers
Old 28-12-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corny View Post
Hi all. I know it's all opinion based, but what's the best value for money gps around? I need it to have camera input (and easily switch between navigation and camera) and on and off road maps.

cheers
still think this GPS can't be beat as yet ... Hema Navigator HN7

http://www.traveluniverse.com.au/Hem...FZcjvQodpUQHtw

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 29-12-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post

I have the hema 7. Its good but needs to be a little better user friendly. Sometimes seems to take ages to get things organised. Then again my lack of use may be the problem. Overall a good unit. I have the latest 1:150,000 map updates and many other loaded maps of all Australia. Cant possibly get lost!!!...lol
Old 29-12-15

As with most gadgets, it comes down to personal choice and who needs choices when theres enough to do when your off the beaten track

Im running two units myself, a Garmin 7 inch GPS with the standard 250,000 Ozzie explorer maps on micro card and added the hema 7 as well as they have the extra maps they produce which are great. the hema 7,s are a lot of $$ but featured packed and no doubt will be a big learning curve to fully utilise it...only thing is the genuine sunshade they supply would have to be the most pathetic bit of plastic ive ever seen, cant see it lasting long, nor actually stay attached on bumpy roads.

then again, the after market sunshade I bought for the garmin was a total fail...it disformed/buckled from being in the sun, go figurelol.
'91 NH SWB (import) intercooled turbo 4D56T, Manual, factory mags 31x10.5 15's, alloy bulbar, snorkel, UHF, Rhino alloy rack, sunroof, bonnet bug deflector, LED light bars, driving lights, air bags, new shockies, polished stainless rear ladder, GPS, on board air, telescopic rear light, 60ltr fridge/freezer, dual battery system plus aux batteries, comprehensive set gauges, security system, air horns, on board solar panels, roof lightbar/spotties, worklights, towbar, rear bumper lights,
Old 29-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post

X2 love my HN7
Old 29-12-15

I run OziExplorer with the Hema map set on a Samsung Note 10.1 and find it fantastic. The large screen makes it easy to see what you're doing.

I replaced the MMCS with a Kenwood unit with Garmin mapping about 18 months ago - it is also great to use.
It was interesting that in the Vic high country recently the Kenwood/Garmin mapping was most probably more accurate than the Hema maps - the only problem was that you don't get a great topographical view like you do with OziExplorer.
Twin batteries, FuelManager 30 micron filter, Airtek snorkel, Rhino Pioneer tray, Foxwing awning, TJM bull bar, 9500lb winch, 2" lift + HD progressive rate springs + Polyair bags, 75 litre water tank + electric pump, custom fridge slide, custom drawers
Old 29-12-15

cheers guys i was looking at the hema 7 but alot of $ is all.
Old 29-12-15
Valued Member

In SA, the RAA sells the Hema HN7 to RAA members for $629 (RRP $699).

The RAC in WA also sells it, but I don't know the price.
Old 29-12-15

I have been looking at the Hema HN7 as well as an upgrade from a nexus 7.
The price in the link above is about the cheapest price other than second hand I have seen in the last couple of weeks. Hoping for some after Christmas sales. Any one seen a new price better than the one in the link above?
2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter. In tow,Track Trailer T van.
Old 29-12-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryo View Post
I have been looking at the Hema HN7 as well as an upgrade from a nexus 7.
The price in the link above is about the cheapest price other than second hand I have seen in the last couple of weeks. Hoping for some after Christmas sales. Any one seen a new price better than the one in the link above?
just spotted this site ...$595 free shipping
http://ewharehouse.com.au/HEMA-HN7-N...7--SCREEN.html

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap