• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • borgy
    • Oct 2007
    • Rockhampton

Bug Screen

Can anyone help with photos of a fitted bug screen for front grill area...can't seem to buy one, may have to make one?? Does it affect cooling in anyway?
    Borgy

Standard NW GLX-R 3.2 Auto.........nothin to flash
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

When I went to Melbourne at Xmas I saw lots of cars with flyscreen mesh over the front grill 'cause of the locusts. All seemed to be home made to me. Can't see you'd have any problem with cooling unless the screen got totally clogged.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• achjimmy
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2009
      • Blue Mtns

Before traveling to Adelaide I bought some metal flyscreen and tie wired it to the back of the grille. It's still there no issues towing in 42deg days and you don't notice it. The grille let's too much through IMO
      Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
      MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
      99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Silver Streak
        Valued Member
        • May 2010
        • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by achjimmy View Post
        Before traveling to Adelaide I bought some metal flyscreen and tie wired it to the back of the grille. It's still there no issues towing in 42deg days and you don't notice it. The grille let's too much through IMO
        Got a photo Jim? Did you only do the main grille area, or also the lower vents as well?
        Went for a drive the other day, down to the lower Lakes area of the Murray (Goolwa and Milang), didn't see a lot of locusts but there were heaps of dragon flys hitting the car....grrrr!!
        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
        Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• awill4wd
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2008
          • Pakenham, Melbourne

I've got a scangauge on my NS DiD so I can monitor temps in real time and not rely on the gauge in the dash which never moves and with a bug screen installed I was seeing water temp increases of around 3-5C.
          The big mover however was air inlet temps and increases of 15-25C were seen with the screen installed so I would recommend fitting the screen when needed and removing it when out of an insect prone area.
          Regards Andrew.
          2019 MR Triton bog stock at the moment but that will change.

Comment

• borgy
            • Oct 2007
            • Rockhampton

Thanks guys for comments, fly screen must cut down air flow over intercooler from your data.......if have to leave on should at least keep that area clear.
            Borgy

Standard NW GLX-R 3.2 Auto.........nothin to flash

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X