Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Fresh brake fluid will make a world of difference.
Old 1 Week Ago

In addition to upgrading the rotors and pads, I have replaced the rubber flex hoses with braided stainless steel ones which seemed to provide much better feel on the brakes

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk
OL Steel Bull Bar; HR tow bar; Cargo Barrier; Bushskinz intercooler & sump plates and side steps; 50mm lift kit and polyair bags; GME UHF radio; dual battery & rear power; roof bars; Kenwood head unit; Tow
Pro brake controller; LED light bar and day-time running lights
Old 1 Week Ago

I second Old Jack on checking the slide pins. They can corrode quite badly in the right conditions I had the front discs machined twice before I worked out the glazing/warping was being caused by pads grabbing on corroded & dirty slide pins. A couple of small sachets of grease from any auto parts shop will cost less than $10 and give you plenty of lubricant to lubricate the cleaned up pins on all four wheel calipers. A pair of small pliers to undo the pins is the only tool you need other than a wheel brace.
Old 5 Days Ago

Yes the original Rotors are made of chocolate - went through two genuine sets by approx. 80,000ks and thought - there has to be better out there. Replaced them at 100,000ks as a part of a big birthday for the vehicle with DBA T2 Rotors and Bendix Off Road pads, Flushed and replaced fluid, resealed the callipers and replaced the standard lines with braided lines from Safe Brake Australia - did the whole job myself over few days making sure everything was properly lubricated and assembled correctly (have HD Plant Mechanic background) - and what a difference - highly recommend this as a justifiable upgrade, particular if you tow a fair bit. Hard to tell what parts made the most improvement as I replaced everything at once.