Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Best odb2 scanner non ph app

Hi I am looking for a good ODB2 scanner that covers everything on the NW Pajero. I want one that will graph live data and work with all the systems eg ABS, SRS etc. I dont want a mobile ph app I am looking for something like the Austel tool but just not sure what is best as I do want one that supports Mitsubishi Pajero specifically as their will generally be manufacturer specific PID's. I use the US Auto-ingenuity tool with a PC which is great but as they dont sell the Pajero in the US its not supported. Although it does generic stuff.
Old 1 Week Ago

Ok so it doesn't seem like there are any professional scanners that anyone knows about for the Pajero everything for these cars seems either unavailable or difficult to get..MMM

getting parts is difficult enough when compared to other brands plus the lack of technical info available I can't wait to get back to a mainstream vehicle. I guess the fact these vehicles only get sold in a small no of country's doesn't help but after having had a lot of Landrover and several Toyotas and Jeep I have to say I have never had a vehicle where the parts supply is so restricted or the technical forum on the web is so small. This forum is about as good as its gets and while it is pure gold and the members are just superb its a drop in the ocean compared to what is available for the other brands. Anyway thanks too all those here for the help they do freely give.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I have an iCarsoft HNM11 unit. My last posting on this subject created quite a stir, because I found it could not do everything that others claimed to be able to do. I don't want to start this again, but I have found that it covers most engine functions, and a lot of others as well. I had a fault caused by unevenly sized tyres (different brands front & rear), and this unit could not clear that fault. Also, a low voltage fault on the SRS system, which the unit could not clear, nor could the dealer on his Mitsubishi MUTT unit. That fault code was generated when I had a flat battery and the battery had been replaced, yet the code remained uncleared, even after HNM11 and Mitsubishi MUTT scanners had tried.

Contrary to the previous hubhub I generated, I do recommend the HNM11 tool, because whilst it does not cover the whole vehicle, it certainly covers most, and hopefully will diagnose a fault should it occur somewhere out in the bush. It doesn't do as much as the MUTT 3 unit, but at just over $200, it is good value.
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

You asked for the "Best" scanner, and nobody here has sufficient experience to state which is "Best".

If you want to know who has used what, and how it worked, that's a different question, with which erad has attempted to help.

Either way, I can't help.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks for the info the icarsoft unit is a good price I do want something that does SRS an ABS so not sure if the icarsoft would do that.

There is an OTC unit that has a fantastic rap in the US and can be bought to cover mitsubishi but not certain it will cover the pajero you certainly wont be able to select it I may buy one antway as thry arnt expensive and have great live data etc. Also going to look at foxwell.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk