• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeyare
    • Jun 2019
    • SVK

jar sound from ABS unit

Pajero 3.2.DiD (NS) 2008, 118kW

Got a strange short jar-noise coming from my ABS unit. Duration of the sound is just 0.5sec. First time 2 months ago, randomly 1x/day. Now 5x/hour, increasing frequency. No matter if the brake pedal is depressed (but mostly, when the pedal is released).
    It is pump? Thx.
  • nnikbg
    • Mar 2019
    • Varna, Bulgaria

Can be from electrical motor bearings.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• jeyare
      • Jun 2019
      • SVK

Originally posted by nnikbg View Post
      Can be from electrical motor bearings.
      Thx for the answer, but I don’t think so. The sound is like when you fast pull a fork at thin iron plate. Just for a half of second. Then “no such sound” is listening 10-60 minutes (randomly).
      Bearings you will listen continuously.

Comment

• 4ndy
        • Jun 2018
        • North West United Kingdom

Sounds like HBB motor might be dying - if you have the ignition turned on (but not start the engine) and pump the brake 20 times do you hear the noise?
        MY13 (NW) SG2 LWB

Foot Rest, Android Head Unit, EGR Resistor Mod (10k), "Car Shades", Other Stuff in Process....
        My Build Thread.

Comment

• nnikbg
          • Mar 2019
          • Varna, Bulgaria

The strange thing is that jar-noise last only half second. HBB motor is running for 30 sec and more.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• jeyare
            • Jun 2019
            • SVK

Originally posted by 4ndy View Post
            Sounds like HBB motor might be dying - if you have the ignition turned on (but not start the engine) and pump the brake 20 times do you hear the noise?
            First try:
            ignition ON (not started) .... 20x pumped .... no noise

1minute rest

Second try: ... no noise, but after 7th time car starts warning me with 10sec beeep sound + light control of ESC, ESC OFF, ABS, Brakes (during the warning beep sound)

Same for third try.

Comment

• benckj
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2017
              • Alexandra , New Zealand

Having had a recent HBB motor rail it doesn’t sound like you describe. I’d look at the accumulator or possibly pump issue.

Comment

• jeyare
                • Jun 2019
                • SVK

Changed rear brake pads, this morning. Then checked rear and front brake fluid pressure by diagnostic tool. Evaluation:
                1. Rear brakes (both) with proper fluid pressure. Pretty fine, in normal condition.
                2. Front brakes (both) with different situation than Rear brakes. There is less fluid pressure (also visually).

The jar noise comes from brake pedal and it can be feel by foot (vibration during the noise), when the pedal is depressed.
                But as I wrote. The noise is randomly occurred, not just when brake pedal is depressed = often when car is driven w/o braking situation.

Questions:
                1. When the brake fluid is in different pressure distributed to rear and to front is it still reason of the pump (motor)?
                2. What about a main part of the HBB - the master cylinder/pressure switch? Then jar sound can be produced here?

Now my technician tried disassembly whole unit to find an issue. Keep in touch.

PS: when you try purchase just new motor for the pump - here is an answer:
                How to repair it:

Where to purchase it (you can choose specific model of your car - not just for Mitsu):
                MR407202, MR569728, MR977461, MN116391, B2PAS407230355, 0M080712, 7F29044, 2C290415, 2L070867, 2L010711, 0J130485, 2L300227, 47960-30030 AFTER 10 DAYS FROM DELIVERY (24H) WE PREPARE THE COLLECTION IN NS. LOAD OF VS. ENGINE NOT WORKING We review any model of electric motor for similar applications.  FOR THOSE WHO NEED AN INVOICE, PLEASE COMMUNICATE THE VAT NUMBER AND THE TAX CODE AT THE CONTEXT OF THE PAYMENT. IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS ABOUT OR INFORMATION THAT IS NOT COMPLETE, WE WILL ISSUE A TAX RECEIPT WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF MODIFICATION  FOR PAYPAL PAYMENTS THE INVOICE MUST BE REQUESTED AND THE DATA TRANSMITTED EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH THE NOTES PRESENT IN THE PAYPAL MESSAGES ON THE PAYMENT PAGE.  OTHERWISE WE WILL NOT ISSUE AN INVOICE BUT A TAX RECEIPT THE ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED.

Comment

• jeyare
                  • Jun 2019
                  • SVK

Here I found complete HBB detailed description.

seems to be they have tons of such documents

Comment

• jeyare
                    • Jun 2019
                    • SVK

Originally posted by benckj View Post
                    Having had a recent HBB motor rail it doesn’t sound like you describe. I’d look at the accumulator or possibly pump issue.
                    That was my idea, that this is not the motor sound.

Needs to wait for disassembly findings.

Comment

• RUGGA
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by jeyare View Post
                      That was my idea, that this is not the motor sound.

Needs to wait for disassembly findings.
                      Have you seen this detailed thread at all? https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=46516
                      02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• jeyare
                        • Jun 2019
                        • SVK

yesterday, but thanks for the hint
                        I found similar and together with motor parts repair kit here:

but all the described issues in the mentioned thread are about - brake death or nearly death clear symptoms:
                        - if you lost the HBB pump motor or whole pump (monitored by ECU)= you will lose breaks = no brake fluid pressure
                        - if you lost the HBB accumulator pressure (monitored by ECU) = you will lose breaks = no brake fluid pressure
                        Every time you will obtain the engine light/brake light as warning, include Fault codes

Diagnosis code No........ Item.............................................. .....Reason
                        16................................Abnormal power-supply voltage........... Low voltage/High voltage
                        31...............................Abnormal IG2B power-supply voltage drop
                        53...............................Pump motor system problem...........Pump motor lock/Current detection circuit problem
                        54...............................Motor relay system problem...........Relay open/Relay short/Coil problem
                        55...............................Pomp motor long-term operation
                        56...............................Pressure switch problem...........PH open/PL open or short
                        57...............................Accumulator low pressure...........Pomp problem/Accumulator problem
                        58...............................ASTC-ECU problem

But my problem is about:
                        - no Fault codes
                        - no engine/ABS/Brake lights
                        - just strange frequently jar noise and brake pedal vibrations (during the 0.5sec noise)
                        - the noise is discovered randomly no mater, if the brake is used or no
                        - from Today - normal brake fluid pressure in Rear, less than normal in Front brakes

Waiting for a result from today's HBB disassembly.
                        The master cylinder is a single-piston type which generates hydraulic pressure which is transmitted to the front brakes.

Comment

• jeyare
                          • Jun 2019
                          • SVK

Today’s brake test evaluation:
                          - Rear (both) in perfect condition 3.07kN max, reached in 2seconds
                          - Front (both) 3.86kN max, reached in 9 seconds!!

My point:
                          - the power (brake fluid pressure) is distributed to Rear brakes in normal condition
                          - The time of the max power in Front brakes is really out of expected range
                          - Front brakes must be more intense (better power for same time than Rear)

Then insufficient fluid pressure for the Front brakes could be considered by:
                          - insufficient power from HBB pump (but why just for the Front only)
                          - insufficient power of the pump motor, which provide power for the pump (no Fault code)
                          - insufficient pressure from the main pressure switch for the Front (reasonable)
                          The brake pedal is little bit soft.
                          Main problem is, that no way to find/purchase just the main pressure switch. Only chance is to find second hand from crashed car.

Comment

• jeyare
                            • Jun 2019
                            • SVK

Definitely I foud attached video on YT with my noise. This guy has the sound few times per minute and more frequently (2times in row). Mine is 1-3 per hour. But this is the sound.
                            From this perspective (never happened with open engine) it seems to be the pump motor or pump accumulator.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X