Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default pajero NS 3.2 got bad diesel consumption

hi my pajero ns for 2 year been around 12 L 100 km but in last 3 weeks i am using 14/15 L 100 km county driving so what can it be ? and how to fix or if i can where to take it i live in kadina south Australia my pajero is a 08 3.2 common rail auto with 258000 km mods dpf delet pipe ,catch can ,egr resistor all don around 2 years ago and inlet manifold was don 3 mounts ago never been don only got half a cup only i like it to go back to 12 or better it will be towing a caravan around Australia soon cheers jack
Old 2 Weeks Ago

i still would love to know what to do ? how to fix ? where to go to get it fix i like to travel around Australia soon but my pajero got to be better on diesel cheers jack
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

It may be that you have a bad injector and or glow plugs. The other possibility is that the intank filter is clogged. Does the car lack power when you put your foot down?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Here's what I did following advice from this forum. Bought a bottle of rislone injector cleaner for about $15 from supercheap auto and added that to a full tank of diesel. I've only used additives once about 100,000km ago untill this time. Fuel economy improved by 1-2L per 100km. So I probably had dirty injectors. Not long after that though I had what appeared to be fuel starvation issues particularly when getting low on fuel. Also it would turn over for ages in the morning before firing. I think what happened is the injector cleaner did such a good job of cleaning the injectors and all the crap went back to the tank in the return lines and clogged up the in tank mesh screen filter. Once I changed this (about $35 from my local dealership for the part) the problem disappeared. I'm going to change my main fuel filter on Thursday too as I'd say that has picked up a lot of the crap in the fuel system that the in tank screen filter hasn't. Try the cheap simple things first.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

it drives like a 4x4 but it's a lot faster then my last pajero. 1992 2.5 with over 600 km still got around 11/13 per 100 km my ns got 260000 km it might be injectors i drove it from kadina to port pire to day 220 km sitting on 90/95 per hour i got 8.7 km per L i normally sit on speed limit what will i get when i tow my s/hand caravan ? i got to improve it be for i start traveling around Australia or i have to swap it for something better ? where can i take my pajero to get fix in south Australia i am in kadina cheers jack
Old 2 Weeks Ago

8.7 sounds ok.

When I tow our 2 horse wide body extra height float I get between 13 and 15 depending on hills and wind direction, I usually sit on speed limit.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
8.7 sounds ok.

When I tow our 2 horse wide body extra height float I get between 13 and 15 depending on hills and wind direction, I usually sit on speed limit.
Jack is getting 8.7 km per litre, travelling at 90 - 95 km/h, not using 8.7 litres per 100 km. That's about 11.5 litres / 100 km - I can get better than that at 110 km/h.

I'd start by revisiting everything that was done for the inlet clean - something loose, like a manifold bolt, could be letting air in or out of the manifold where it shouldn't.

Check the MAP sensor port is clear, and the hose isn't blocked.

Just have a good look over the engine, the bits that were removed / re-fitted for the manifold clean, see if anything looks different, test for things that might be loose.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I have a 08 NS Pajero 3.2 litre diesel auto, the fuel economy is 13 to 14 litres per 100 km
Steve 08 NS VRX Pajero DID Auto . TJM Steel Bullbar Warn Winch 9000 ib Narva 175 Ultimate Driving lights 3 pairs Uniden IC440 , Haymen Reece towbar TJM Airtec Snorkel Tint ARB Old Man Emu 2 Inch lift springs and shocks . Coopers 265 / 60 / 18 ATR VMS 500 GPS . TPMS 40 Litre Engel Fridge Rhino roof bars and rack Dashmat TJM 175 lpm A/C Ironman Duel Battery Kit F&R ARB Diff locks Long Ranger 60 Litre Aux Tank Black Widow rear draws and water tank Chip it Chip& Delete pipe ARB Awning