• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

I don't think post count etc matter but everyone should have to use a template and have a price as do other forums.

Makes it easy to see what is for sale, where, how much, condition blah blah.

At least sellers would have to put in some effort, not just "99 Pajero for sale, PM offers"

No template = delete. Not that hard to do, makes it even easier to place the ad as you don't have to think about it, just fill in the blanks!
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2012
      • Maitland, NSW

I wouldn't be so quick to judge them as unworthy of the right to sell their unwanted pajero goods.
      Most of the time it's where great bargains come from and benefits members. Obviously there may be issues with spammers flogging off new items but I'm yet to see it abused in such fashion.

I picked up a 5 speed with reduction gears in excellent condition for a steal of ben ross and made a good friend in the process. He's a big pajero enthusiast and new most of us on the forum were as he's read over the forum plenty of times and joined purely to offer one of us a bargain snd to see the box to a good home..

Point being, it's not a bad thing and unless it's being abused, then alterations aren't needed.
      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2012
        • Maitland, NSW

The structure of the post is a damn good idea NAB
        A template is a good idea but a bit overboard. Maybe a basic set of rules to follow in the sticky like the ones you have suggested and if not met then they get deleted.

On my facebook 4wd parts pages I stress using vital details for the sale to the point of no return, it's straight to the point and saves needlessly asked questions.
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel

Comment

• Nab
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Perth

Many forums have a template similar to the one below. You just copy it from the first page then paste it into your post. If you can log on to the forum you can do this. If the ad gets posted without using the template, a friendly reminder, if no change after a day delete.

Even including the state in the thread title helps a lot eg. "[WA] NP rims and tyres"

Just food for thought.

ITEM:

CONDITION:

REASON FOR SELLING:

PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS:

EXTRA INFO/CONTACT DETAILS:

PICTURES:
          SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• justcruizin
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2008
            • Brisbane

Maybe even a temporary membership for say a month if all someone wants to do is sell something. After a month the add and User ID are automatically deleted. I do like the format above for an ad.
            08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• eman
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2009
              • Cranebrook, NSW

Don't know if this is possible but what if we had it so members who have been on here for less than 1 month has their Marketplace thread automatically deleted after a week, other members have their threads continue as normal. Another option is restricting the first post of new members to somewhere else besides the Marketplace. Love the format idea, if you don't follow it your thread is deleted/closed.
              2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

• Pean
                • Mar 2011
                • Newcastle, N.S.W.

If all you have to do is complain than form your own LITTLE club and get a life. I find this a very valuable and useful site and have used it for help on many occasion.

Edited: Name calling isn't constructive.

Comment

• Jimbo2
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • Bendigo

Ive seen really good forums destroyed by people abusing the system for their own purposes, one even had several log in names and used to hold conversations with himself promoting himself and his products.
                  This is a valuable and healthy conversation to have.
                  Jim Boyer
                  2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

• Barneymutt
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2007
                    • Regents Park. Qld

Originally posted by Catchin Jack View Post
                    I'd delete above post due to nature of how it's being conducted.
                    I agree. The seller doesn't seem too helpful.

Comment

• NFT5
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Canberra

Personally, I agree with some form of limitation on new members being able to place Market Place ads. Agree with the comments above about worthless or non-contributory posts but it at least requires some effort. Requiring ads to be posted by members with a minimum membership period qualification might be better because it would weed out the one offs.

Using a template does work well. It makes sure that all the information is there and requiring a price stops the ad being an auction, as appears to be the case in this example.

Restricting commercial activity in other than the specific areas for commercial advertisers or by approved commercial advertisers is something else that comes to mind. We currently have this happening and if it doesn't contravene the specifics of the rules then it would certainly go against their intent and the interests of those who pay to advertise here.
                      Chris

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • Maitland, NSW

That sounds like a good idea NAB, i was in a different mindset and was thinking you meant template like that on ebay with drop down boxes etc.

NAB's idea of a basic template system gets my vote, should help the seller get more reach and also give buyers more of the information they need.

I to dislike when people say "don't make offers public" and instead request to keep them private. Almost like they are fishing for the highest price they can.
                        Have a price range in mind before placing anything for sale anywhere imo or at the least put up a thread asking for help in evaluating what they have as they are unsure on current prices etc and are unable to review/research what the current prices are for said item/s.

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Well that particular member boogabrain4 will not have any more involvement with this forum.
                          I think what we can do is like in the Bitches and Gripes forum, that means that we (Admin) approve the posts before the members see them. Admin is done every day so at most you would wait a day before your post appears. We will also strongly suggest you put a price in your post as well.
                          Admin
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Barneymutt
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2007
                            • Regents Park. Qld

Sounds like he wasn't very receptive of your suggestions.

Comment

• eci_thump
                              • Apr 2010
                              • Karratha, WA

Maybe having a probation period for the Market Place section where members that have joined up within a particular timeframe have to get threads approved by admin, that way you're not straight up denying those with honest intentions, nor are you disjointing the noses of activate participants.
                              2011 NT Pajero RX2 DiD

ARB Commercial bullbar, 22" LED light bar, Black Duck seat covers, Rhino roof rack, Bushskinz, 2" lift, Tough dog front, King Springs rear, Bridgestone Dueler D697

Comment

• amr75wcr
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2009
                                • Sunny Coast

Originally posted by Pean View Post
                                I find this a very valuable and useful site and have used it for help on many occasion.

Edited: Name calling isn't constructive.
                                11 posts in two years I see you contribute to the knowledge base as well
                                Wayne
                                04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X