• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shogun 2000
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

why havnt you got windscreen cover on your insurance, ive had 2 replacements in the last 6 months due to rocks flying up from passing vehicles. didnt cost a cent. free windscreens for life of owning vehicle.
    2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• Avanner
      • Jul 2007

Ditto here re O'Brien's windscreens being poor grade with distortions. Add to that poor installation through insufficient adhesive....now creates noise over a surface where the vehicle body twists.

Comment

• Shogun 2000
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

Originally posted by Avanner View Post
        Ditto here re O'Brien's windscreens being poor grade with distortions. Add to that poor installation through insufficient adhesive....now creates noise over a surface where the vehicle body twists.
        depends on the screen, wether its genuine mitsubishi or aftermarket. i had a left frond\t window replaced in my 2001 magna and they used aftermarket but the curve was too much and the door wouldnt close so they put genuine in it and all was good.
        2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• miraclepictures
          • Apr 2010
          • Wollondilly Shire, NSW

I had mine done by O'Briens last week. I claimed mine through insurance (NRMA) who charge around $70 a year extra premium to have 'free' windscreen/window replacement.

O'Briens are NRMA's preferred windscreen company.

They also came to my place to do the replacement. Windscreen looks good. Happy so far .....
          2010 Pajero NT GLX Activ, white, auto diesel
          MM tow bar; MM rear dif lock; Uniden UH7760 UHF; Prodigy P3 Brake Controller; Anderson plug; Keith's iPOD cable & switch; Tyredog TPMS.
          2009 Northstar Mudgee caravan

Comment

• Bennyboy
            • Sep 2010
            • Adelaide Hills

Complete Windscreens for me - I have free windscreen cover on my insurance (given the premium you'd bloody hope so!) Did it at my place, and told me it was about $200 worth when I asked. Nearly 12 months ago and no problems yet...
            2015 NX GLX5 Pajero with a few extra bits and pieces...

Comment

• bigfella78
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2010
              • Mandurah, WA

$1700 it cost to replace my screen. I had to wait for it to arrive from Japan...

I cracked it on the powerlines track, They sent Novus out to replace it and replaced the genuine screen with an aftermarket one..

Big blue tint band across the top!!!

I complained to SGIO that I'm 6'5 and it was unsafe for me to drive as I use the top 3rd of the screen to see...(driving at night was like driving with sunnys on).. I had to threaten to go to the Ombudsman..so they agreed to get me an original..

so they got Skippers Mitsubishi to import a screen for me and swapped it over..
              2018 NX GLS, Munji DPF delete, MCC 808-02 Phoenix Bar, ARB Awning.

GONE but not forgotten - 1998 NL GLS, ARB Bull bar, GME UHF, Rhino Rack roof cage, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Mickey Thompson ATZ, Long range tank, Snorkel & Rallye 2000 Driving lights.

Comment

• Herman4x4
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2009
                • Melton, Victoria

I haven't got windcreen as this is only my thrid one in 22 years or so of driving. Also, it would only be one a year, so I would have been out of pocket for the sencond screen.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• damo1
                  • May 2010

I haven't read the whole thread but i just repalced my screen on the week end it was 200$ fitted.
                  GLX NH LWB V6 5 speed, GU springs , cranked tb's, GLS Flare + door moulds, bullbar (moded), 4x spotties, 2x cbs, side steps, camp light, custom snorkel, qtr chop, broken windscreen- and full of kids NNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE!!!!

Comment

• achjimmy
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Blue Mtns

Just had a crack repaired by obriens, Insurance paid but it was $169. I didn't want the hassle of a screen replaced and definetly only want a genuine one, how much are genuine NT screens?
                    Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                    MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
                    99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• CraigFox
                      • Jun 2010
                      • Happy Valley SA

Holy s*** ACHJimmy! My chip repair on the work car was $44 inc GST

Once again O'Briens stitching the insurance companies. No wonder we are all paying more for insurance.
                      Foxy

2010 NT Did Auto ACTiV. MM Tow Bar. ARB Bar, 50mm Raised Suspension, BFG A/T's, Tinted Windows, Red Arc remote head brake controller, Uniden UHF, Airtec Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Basket, 81litre Long Range Tank (finally!!)

Bushskinz under body still to come one day.

Comment

• brett
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by achjimmy View Post
                        Just had a crack repaired by obriens, Insurance paid but it was $169. I didn't want the hassle of a screen replaced and definetly only want a genuine one, how much are genuine NT screens?
                        Had mine replaced with a genuine last year, from memory the screen was around $600. Had a local guy fit it for $140. He could have fitted a chinese one (which they all are if not genuine) for under $300. He says he regularly gets people ringing for a quote after they have a price from obriens and without even asking the price he tells them he'll do it for half the obriens quote.

Comment

• CraigFox
                          • Jun 2010
                          • Happy Valley SA

Definitely do not pay any more than $1000 for a genuine screen supplied and fitted. The only other addition maybe for the rubber trim/moulding if required.
                          A friend of mine that works in windscreens also said you WILL need your VIN when ordering a genuine screen, as there are many different types of NS/NT screens (band colour/rain sensor/light sensor/etc)
                          Foxy

2010 NT Did Auto ACTiV. MM Tow Bar. ARB Bar, 50mm Raised Suspension, BFG A/T's, Tinted Windows, Red Arc remote head brake controller, Uniden UHF, Airtec Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Basket, 81litre Long Range Tank (finally!!)

Comment

• 91Tourer
                            • Jun 2010
                            • Hunter Valley,NSW

I have glass insurance included in my insurance. The last replacement cost $300 through Koala glass in newcastle. I seem to be needing a replacement once every second year due to bird or stone issues hence the need for the glass cover.
                            NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!

Comment

• RustyStainless
                              • Oct 2010
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by CraigFox View Post
                              Holy s*** ACHJimmy! My chip repair on the work car was $44 inc GST

Once again O'Briens stitching the insurance companies. No wonder we are all paying more for insurance.
                              Once the star chip is over a certain size they wont fill them. So Mr O'Brien says no worries $450 for a new one for your NP. I said no thanks and got one fitted at my place for $225. That was Brisbane northside. I can dig up the name if anyone needs it.
                              Last edited by RustyStainless; 27-12-11, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• CraigFox
                                • Jun 2010
                                • Happy Valley SA

Northside Windscreens is also RACQ Autoglass, which is run by Glass Assist Nationally. If you read my previous posts, I highly recommend them over the "big O"!
                                Foxy

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X