X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dc80
    • Jan 2019
    • Perth

Seriously considering getting a tablet and loading oziexplorer maps now. Thanks to those that gave your views on tablet choice. Now how does everyone mount their tablets, particularly the 10" ones? Would love it if you could upload a pic of how you've done this to give me some ideas.
    2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells MD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 | Yokohama Geolandar G015 LT265/70R17 | iDRIVE | Redarc Tow Pro Elite | Nautia switch panel

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

8" just sits over the crappy MMS screen but a bit to the side so I can see the outside temperature. I have 4 sets of stick on velcro tabs and the same on the tablet so it just peels off when not being used. It's been over some severe corrugations and never moves. Unlike those stick type mounts from the floor which vibrate too much in my opinion.

A 10" tablet is good but I'm not sure it would fit that position and I find 8" plenty big enough.
      Attached Files
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• dc80
        • Jan 2019
        • Perth

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
        8" just sits over the crappy MMS screen but a bit to the side so I can see the outside temperature. I have 4 sets of stick on velcro tabs and the same on the tablet so it just peels off when not being used. It's been over some severe corrugations and never moves. Unlike those stick type mounts from the floor which vibrate too much in my opinion.

A 10" tablet is good but I'm not sure it would fit that position and I find 8" plenty big enough.
        Thanks Ian H! That’s a Logical place to put it and doesn’t obstruct vision like it would if mounted above the dash.
        2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells MD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 | Yokohama Geolandar G015 LT265/70R17 | iDRIVE | Redarc Tow Pro Elite | Nautia switch panel

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by dc80 View Post
          Seriously considering getting a tablet and loading oziexplorer maps now. Thanks to those that gave your views on tablet choice. Now how does everyone mount their tablets, particularly the 10" ones? Would love it if you could upload a pic of how you've done this to give me some ideas.
          Another member started making/printing these up.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by dc80 View Post

I got a reasonably solid suction cup mount and extended it using aluminium flatbar. It is perfectly fine for bitumen or good dirt roads. Off road, bumpy tracks/corrugations would see it wobbling a bit too much. I can see perfectly fine, the map is closer to my field of vision, rather than having to look away from the road to check. It does not block any field of view as I can still see the top of my bullbar. I am still contemplating buying the one mentioned in this thread that is home made on a 3d printer.
            Attached Files
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
              Valued Member
              • May 2015
              • Melbourne

Get Lost Maps have come out with more updates. This guy must work overtime doing this

His Facebook site seems to be the best place for news on new maps: https://www.facebook.com/getlostmaps/

Please consider a small donation if you download anything.

(I'm not affiliated in any way, just glad to be able to get good quality maps for nix)
              Last edited by Ian H; 22-06-20, 08:06 AM.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• dc80
                • Jan 2019
                • Perth

Thanks Dicko1. I’ve got access to a 3D printer at work. Might give it a crack!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X