• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hinsch
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

Water leaking on the front passenger side

I recently drove back from north WA when she who must be obeyed noticed water dripping on her left foot, it was not raining, we had not driven through any water but it was 38 degrees and very humid, I am thinking that it was most likely water off an Aircon pipe (condensation), it has not happened since.
    Has anybody else noticed this problem and what is a fix if any.
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Get underneath and bung a cable tie up the evaporator drain hole. If you get covered in cool water, you will have solved the issue. Then add a length of hose to the spigot for easier access next time and minimise any potential DMF issue if a manual.

A right royal bitch to get to, high on firewall, RHS

drain mod below

Shane.
    Last edited by sharkcaver; 18-02-11, 01:28 PM.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Cairns

X2 with what Shane has said.
      And if you get is serviced at a dealership, ask them to carry out the hotfix for the extension of the drain tube. My Manual NP has had the drain extended by Mitsubishi (was done before i bought it) and it now dribbles out at the side of the gearbox, towards the rear of the bellhousing. This hotfix is supposed to be done free of charge as far as I was aware.
      Although I am unsure whether or not they will do this to Pajero's with the Auto box, if it was only meant to be carried out on Manuals due to the reported clutch corrosion issues?
      Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• hinsch
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Perth

Thanks guys I have had a look the drain you are referring to seems to be fitted water drains from the RH side of the gear box, it appears to be clear, I might have to try and back track through the instrument panel to see if there are any joins etc that may be loose.
        NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2010
          • Cairns

There is a very high chance that your aircon drain is blocked with dust, dirt and assorted crap. So as shane has suggested, you need to get something up the drain hole to wiggle around and unblock it. It will definatley be easier to do if you remove the extension hose from the firewall in the engine bay. As suggested, a cable tie is a very good tool to use as it is strong, flexible and won't damage, pierce or scratch anything.
          Good luck!
          Dan.
          2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• slynf
            • Apr 2011
            • SA

awesome info, i know what i'm fixing tomorrow
            2003 Manual GLX NP - ARB Nudge Bar, Side Steps, Lift Kit, Polyairs, Custom Bashplates, Primus 40L Fridge, Apline CD/IPHONE/BlUETOOTH, ARB Air Pump, ARB Annex Touring, Rhino Tracks & Rhino Bars, Custom HID Headlights, Removed Third Row Seats, Custom Rear Door Table, Rear Light Mod and more to come

Comment

• pmd92ta
              • Dec 2014
              • Castle Hill, NSW

Thx guys ... I also know what I'll be doing next week when I get back from holidays. Had to park the Pajero and jump into my ute to leave almost immediately ... been on my mind ever since. Now I can relax and enjoy the rest of this week!

Comment

• nifty
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2009

You can blow up the drain which will dislodge the dirt that is prob sitting over the outlet hole in A/C box and let the water out., but not too hard, and definitely don't suck.....

Comment

• spot01
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by nifty View Post
                  You can blow up the drain which will dislodge the dirt that is prob sitting over the outlet hole in A/C box and let the water out., but not too hard, and definitely don't suck.....
                  Or use a hand/foot tyre pump with the airbed adaptor, but only pump slowly/gently. (Don't use a compressor)
                  Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Larry610
                    • Aug 2015
                    • Canada

I bought my pajero (montero here in north america) two months ago, and today was the first time it rained. my wife also noticed water dripping on her feet. I sourced it coming from the cabin blower/fan. when I removed it i got soaked. could a clogged AC drain cause this, or do I have a larger issue? Is this the same place water is leaking from on yours?

thanks

Comment

• Larry610
                      • Aug 2015
                      • Canada

Success!!!

Just a FYI for other north american Montero owners... this drain is on the opposite side, left side of vehicle on the fire wall just behind the left cylinder head. (3.8v6)

Small (baby finger diameter) white pipe, hidden under the two heater core pipes. accessed from the top due to the front prop/drive shaft restricting access from the bottom

I also stuck a tie wrap in it, and as soon as it went in water was pouring out!

Comment

• gecko
                        • Sep 2011
                        • Sydney, NSW

# Most satisfying fix ever

Pump for inflatable pool toys did the trick

Thanks!
                        NW VRX DID, Auto.
                        Wish list: a good wash...

Comment

• aargee
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Limestone, QLD

Sorry to de-necratise an old thread... but just did the air bed blower trick to the ocean sloshing around in the A/C on the Paj... I agree, most satisfying result. Seemed like a bucket full came out!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X