• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barneymutt
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Regents Park. Qld

Another new sub forum

I'd like to see a sub forum titled "How to" or similar.
    I recently viewed a few video's on you tube that I thought other members may benefit from.
    The first one was "How to repair your Mitsubishi Alternator" which helped me immensely. Especially after my local mechanic told me it couldn't be done because it has an internal regulator.
    The second was "How to repair your Mitsubishi Starter motor".
    Even thou I knew how to do the starter it did offer a few tips to make it a bit easier.
    As good as the advise received on this forum is, there's nothing like seeing it in action.
    I believe somewhere to post links to "how to's" would be quite beneficial to all members.
    What do you reckon?
  • mmannion
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Birth place of QLD

Yep I think that's a great idea.
    02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Originally posted by Barneymutt View Post
      I'd like to see a sub forum titled "How to" or similar.
      I recently viewed a few video's on you tube that I thought other members may benefit from.
      The first one was "How to repair your Mitsubishi Alternator" which helped me immensely. Especially after my local mechanic told me it couldn't be done because it has an internal regulator.
      The second was "How to repair your Mitsubishi Starter motor".
      Even thou I knew how to do the starter it did offer a few tips to make it a bit easier.
      As good as the advise received on this forum is, there's nothing like seeing it in action.
      I believe somewhere to post links to "how to's" would be quite beneficial to all members.
      What do you reckon?
      Looking into it!
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2012
        • Maitland, NSW

It's a great idea Barney.

It's funny because i've heard that same line a few times from different people "I was told it's internal reg so the whole unit has to be replaced with a new one". The thing is, it is replaceable and so are the bushes, you can buy them otc from mitsubishi themselves
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Barneymutt
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Regents Park. Qld

Hey Dave,

If this does go ahead, here are the links for the the Alternator and Starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOo0iSnmwP4 (Alternator)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV74-_wK0fY (Starter)

If people know of a better video feel free to add or replace them.

Comment

• Goodsy
            Who ya gunna call....
            • Dec 2010
            • Hervey Bay

Maybe the same as the format as the "Bitches, Gripes and telling someone who cares!" . Post something and if it it deemed to be "useful" it will pop up a while later.
            It would have to be tightly controlled as we just want information no opinions bitches, Gripes.

Great idea.
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Well it's in there guys under Mechanical as a sub forum. DIY and Please Explains we have called it. The link here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...splay.php?f=94
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• mmannion
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Birth place of QLD

Good job Dave
                02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Maitland, NSW

Looking good so far fellas, lots of usefull info filling it up.

Just one thing i might mention if i may. When doing a thread could you title the thread towards the corresponding vehicles alittle more or be a little more descriptive in the title name so it's easier to do a search in that section.
                  For example, it's easy to navigate now but once it gets to a certain amount of threads you'll be back to the search issue again where 100's of irrelevant threads are shown in the search results of that section of the forum but if the title is a little more specific one can search titles only and get more rellevant results or decide based on the thread title while navigating through that section.
                  Another example is if i do a forum wide search for something i can at least look at the forum section it is in and decide from there if it pertains to me or not... i.e i'm after gen1 dash cluster bulbs how to, from search results i can specify gen1 in advanced search options or look to the right in forum wide search and see what sections they are in and not look in ones that are in gen3 for example, or i can hold ctrl and select multiple sections to look in. But inside the how to sub forum you lack any of these features and a more descriptive title would better suit.
                  Hopefully i don't offend, just a thought
                  97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                  97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• GHendo
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Northern NSW

Yes, I think you are right Paul - about the titles. Maybe we should have someone with the admin rights go through and edit some of the titles suitably. The thread could soon develop into a shemozzle if we are not careful. What we really need is an INDEX of some sort where we can list the titles in (perhaps) alphabetic order. I can see problems where things get doubled up because someone didn't see someone else's post of the same thread etc.

After designing databases for nearly 30 years I'm starting to squirm in my seat

Someone complained about all the NEW threads popping up when they are only redirections to old ones I don't suppose there is much we can do about that.

Think I'm done anyway.

Geoff
                    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• mmannion
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Birth place of QLD

Yeah I agree too guys. When I was adding to the sub forum I tried not to deviate from the original posters title too much because that's what they originally called it but did try to add what model it was for such as GEN3, NW etc.

Originally posted by steveandviv
                      Why are you creating new post and just linking to another. I'm sick of seeing new posts that are simply a link

Oh and for the sensitive types, this is MY OPINION.
                      If people are whinging because of the new treads with links to the original, get over it........how else are we to populate the new sub forum? The new sub forum is to help everyone on here to hopefully find the DIY and HOW TO's more easily in one section.

Maybe if they stayed up to date on what was happening on the forum they might realise how stupid their comment is and wouldn't be posting said stupid comments in a forum with links to help people! it is now its own forum as stated by Dave below. If admin can add an index or anything to make it more user friendly I'm all for it.
                      Last edited by mmannion; 13-04-13, 09:57 AM. Reason: Adding note for whiners

Comment

• Pickle
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2007
                        • All over Oz

At the expense of our sponsors forum (irrelevant nowadays) I have moved DIY to it's own area. So it is not a sub forum of mechanical anymore.
                        Seems to be popular so it needs to be prominent!
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Barneymutt
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2007
                          • Regents Park. Qld

Originally posted by Barneymutt View Post
                          Hey Dave,

If this does go ahead, here are the links for the the Alternator and Starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOo0iSnmwP4 (Alternator)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV74-_wK0fY (Starter)

If people know of a better video feel free to add or replace them.
                          Hey Dave, Can you move these links to the DIY heading?
                          You could change the link names if you can. I tried to but then the link wouldn't work.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X