• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ashes
    • May 2011
    • Southwest WA

New to forum

Hey hows it going everyone. I've been a long time viewer of this thread, thought I'd say Gday and start to post. I used to have a 95' petrol exceed and have now upgraded to a 2010 GLS NT diesel. It is a great car and gets me everywhere. I live in the Pilbara and it hasn't been stopped yet. I have even managed to get a few Nissan and Toyota owner's to comment that the 'paj is alright.' I suppose that's the best we will ever get from them haha.
    I have a steel winch bar from Opposite lock, Lightforce 240 spotties, TJM airtech snorkel, 2 inch lift from Pedders (which is average), ?ooper STT muddies and an ARB roof top tent and side awning.
    Hope ya like my car, I can't remember the last time I saw it clean!! (Apart from the photo's)
    Hope the photos work.
    Attached Files
  • Ashes
    • May 2011
    • Southwest WA

Oh yeah here is another photo of the car down in Walpole from a recent holiday. I did happen to get hung up on a rock shortly after this and met some pot smoking hillbilly's but that's another story haha.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Silver Streak
      Valued Member
      • May 2010
      • Adelaide. South Aust.

Welcome Ashes, as a poster now and not just a looker.
      Your Paj looks a treat. It looks as if it could go most places.
      Great photos as well.
      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
      Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Paj People 2009
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2009
        • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Ashes,

Your car looks great...welcome too!

We want to get the TJM snorkel and drawers when money allows!,... soon.

How do you find it? Not too noisy? Happy with it? Most of the guys on here seem to prefer it to the Safari.

We went with the ARB (Old Man Emu) lift (springs, shocks) and also the Poly Airbags. We tow a lot. Why aren't you that impressed with the Pedders? The ARB is awesome and quite noticeably higher and a better ride.

Enjoy that great roof tent!

Cheers,
        Sally
        SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• cartsNT
          • Sep 2009
          • Northwest Sydney

Hi Ashes,
          Welcome to the forum!
          How do you find the ARB rooftop tent? I was thinking about getting one for a big trip that I'm doing next year but I have a few concerns that maybe you could answer:
          1)Does it affect your fuel economy drastically?
          2)Is it noisy up there?
          3)I have read a lot of posts about the NT Paj's roof racks only being rated between 80-100kg. How does that work when I weigh more than that before I even hop into the tent? I am assuming the 100kg has a massive safety margin in it for when you are actually driving along and the racks being subjected to a lot more than that?
          4)How many people can you comfortably fit up there?

Thanks for your help,
          Aaron
          Pajero- SOLD. New tow rig= BT-50 GT Dual Cab.

Comment

• abonko
            • Feb 2011
            • Redcliffe

Welcome!
            2010 Pajero DiD Auto RX
            Factory Fit: 17" wheels, Towbar, DVD Player.

Aftermarket: ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, Lightforce 210 Genesis Lights, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Dual Battery System, Lovells & Koni Suspension (50mm lift), Diff Breathers, Bushskinz, Rock Sliders, GME TX3540 UHF, GME AE4018K1 Antenna.

Comment

• Ashes
              • May 2011
              • Southwest WA

First of all thanks for welcoming me everyone.

Sally,

Having only had the TJM snorkel I can't comment on the safari, however it is a lot quieter than the safari on the troop carrier that I drive for work. The roof top tent is awesome!!

Carts,
              1) I recently drove 1200km down to Perth before I had all the gear on the car and averaged 9.5l/100km. On my return trip with the steel winch bar, awning and roof top tent I averaged 10.5l/100km. I was pretty happy with that considering all the extra weight that I had just chucked on the car. Though the roof top tent is only 60kg.
              2) I don't notice the noise at all, although you can feel it if its blowing a headwind.
              3) I was told that there is something called static weight which is effectively x amount more than the dynamic weight. I cant remember the exact amount but it was a whole heap more than the normal 100kg rating. I myself weigh about 125kgs (not a small bloke) and my mrs is about 55kgs (hope i got that right haha) and we have no problems at all with it.
              4) The mrs and I can fit up there quite comfortably and I'd say if we had kids we could fit a couple up there with us up to maybe 5 years old. Any older than that and it would be a bit of a squeeze.

One more thing about the roof top tent. It was implied to me by the sales staff that he would assist me with putting it on as I had never had one before, once he got my money he was no where to be seen and I was left in the car park with a roof top tent, roof racks and no clue as to how they went on. Lucky my old man came with me and bought along his work ute with a tray back. Otherwise I would have been stuck there without any help.

Anyways thanks for the welcome and if anyone is in the East Pilbara give me a message on here. I know plenty of places where you can go.

Cheers

Comment

• UndeadHomer
                • Feb 2010
                • Perth, WA

welcome to the forum mate

is the walpole photo by any chance on one of the rocky outcrops near rame head where all the local fishermen used to be ? we met a couple of them with utes tearing up the tracks with full pressure tyres and driving on the tracks like having bloody suicidal tendencies... nevertheless a nice place albeit covered with rubbish and stubbies when we were there
                97 Pajero NK GLS, 3.5L Auto... 33x12.5 Bighorns on 15x8, 2" Suspension Lift (Lovell / Bilstein / Tough Dog), 170 Narva Spotties, homemade Rear Storage System, homemade Top Roof Console, ARB onboard compressor, UHF, Redarc Dual Battery Setup, Rear Working Light, 300W Inverter, Full size Rhino roof rack

Comment

• Ashes
                  • May 2011
                  • Southwest WA

Yep thats the spot mate!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X