• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FerdiNL
    • Apr 2020
    • The Netherlands

New NS shorty owner from The Netherlands

Hi all,

After a couple of months reading on the forum after I bought my Pajero NS short wheelbase it is time to introduce myself and the truck.

Before the Pajero I had a Nissan Terrano with the 3 litre diesel engine, strong truck but the rust and age were getting to much so it was time to search for a replacement.
    I've always had the Pajero on my shortlist so started to look for some Pajero's and Land Cruisers, had both on the list but with the Corona virus going on a lot of dealerships were closed so had to make the list even shorter.

I was first looking for a 3th generation, but then came across the one I bought.

In short, it is a 2007 3.2 DiD Intense short wheelbase.
    Started it's live in Belgium, but was taken to the Netherlands and after a while converted to a cargo version (but without the high roof you often see and I have all the parts to make it a 5 seater again)

Was convinced by the testdrive and although it had done 250.000 km's when buying it feels well build and capable of doing a lot more km's.

Car is equiped with zenon headlights, climate control, cruise control, rear view camera, aftermarket Pioneer stereo and a rear diff lock.
    The previous owner had equiped it further with an anderson plug and a 2nd batttery.
    Spoke with the guy and it has always been well looked after.

After 5 months and almost 15.000 km's I really love the Pajero! Big step forward from the Terrano and is doing very well with highway use and towing as well.
    Towing a heavy trailer a couple of times per week and also using it to flatten our horse arena.

In the 5 months I've done some small things,

Got the centre console fixed as one of the locks was broken
    New brake disks and pads on the front and new pads on the back (all Brembo)
    Fitted a set of BF Goodrich KO2 tyres
    Cleaned the fuel surge control valve after it gave some issues
    And fitted some driving lights on the front (rear work lights are planned as well)

Today I've done the EGR resistormod (thanks for this forum!).

Well enough talking and some pictures:

And last the spotlights on a customised bracket:

Plans to come:

Fit a pair of rear work lights
    Doing some maintanance since it is almost time with the km's I'm driving (replace all the filters and engine oil)
    Next year I want to take the intake, maybe fit a catch can since the Terrano also used to have one
    Replace the oil on the diffs and gearbox/transfercase
    Some extra lights front and back | BF Goodrich AT2 | Dual Battery | EGR Mod | Oil Catchtank
  • Pixie_au
    • Apr 2019
    • Queensland

Nice rig

Comment

• Seigried
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2016
      • brisbane

Hoi. mooi jeep. je zult er lang blij met zein.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• FerdiNL
        • Apr 2020
        • The Netherlands

Thanks!
        Some extra lights front and back | BF Goodrich AT2 | Dual Battery | EGR Mod | Oil Catchtank

Comment

• Patagonia
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Nice color! Check the timing chain tensioner was changed or not, its a recall so probably done.

Others think to do would be clean egr and inlet manifold and adjust tappets if noise shows they are out.

Regarding liquids, be sure to use correct ones, dia queen sp3 for the atf, c2-c3 engine oil for taking care of the dpf and make sure the transfer gets gl4 grade cannot use gl5, the latter only for the diffs... Think those are the ones more specific...
          2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
          Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
          31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
          2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• FerdiNL
            • Apr 2020
            • The Netherlands

Thank you for the advise, all the questions I've had are awnsered in your post

Comment

• DanFerns
              • Sep 2020
              • Tampa, FL

That's an amazing ride, Ferdi. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

• GaryDM
                • Sep 2020
                • Victoria

Man, that looks neat inside and out! Nice rig

Comment

• FerdiNL
                  • Apr 2020
                  • The Netherlands

Thanks!
                  I do enjoy it every day

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X