• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wazza1965
    • Mar 2011
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Mcreight911 View Post
    Once I get some spare time and I get my new pump on the 4m40 we will have to line something up wazza . Our cars will be pretty closely matched if u stay in low power mode
    Lol Promise I will mate.
    Would be very close I am dragging over 2.8t with all the gear I have loaded.
    NM2002 Exceed DID. Safari Snorkel, Garrett GTX2863R Turbo, HPD Intercooler, Synergy / Turbosmart controllers, Mandrel 3" Exhaust Pyro, Built auto, ECB Bar with 12,000lb Winch & Dyneema rope, Rotronic battery system, 2x 120Amp/h AGM AUX batteries, Lovell 2", Airbags, Rhino AT2012, Fiamma Awning. 4x IPF spots 120w HID inserts. Alpine NAV Bluetooth with Type R sound system, UHF Uniden UH8080NB, Couplertec. Rear draw system, 1500w inverter. ARB twin comp / tank, ARB Locker. Evakool. NASA BM-1.

Comment

• wazza1965
      • Mar 2011
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by MatthewP View Post
      Wazza i have a few questions about the lift pump.

What size lift pumps did you use, the smaller one and the larger one you mentioned.

Was there a pressure regulator or did the lift pump just deadhead into the injector pump?

What pressure was it pushed to before it caused leakes inside the injector pump?

Matt
      Hi Matt

We were pushing only about 12lb to the injector pump instead of the normal 6-7. Didn't think it would matter as we were running out of fuel on full boost and wanted to try something but will know later today. The injector pump is coming out now and I will come back to you tomorrow re model sizes etc. of the lift pump. I hadn't noticed a leak previous to increasing the feed pressure. Maybe this is to much feed pressure but I wouldn't think so. Cant really go any further as I don't know of any way of adding more fuel in the top end due to the limitations of the injector pump.
      NM2002 Exceed DID. Safari Snorkel, Garrett GTX2863R Turbo, HPD Intercooler, Synergy / Turbosmart controllers, Mandrel 3" Exhaust Pyro, Built auto, ECB Bar with 12,000lb Winch & Dyneema rope, Rotronic battery system, 2x 120Amp/h AGM AUX batteries, Lovell 2", Airbags, Rhino AT2012, Fiamma Awning. 4x IPF spots 120w HID inserts. Alpine NAV Bluetooth with Type R sound system, UHF Uniden UH8080NB, Couplertec. Rear draw system, 1500w inverter. ARB twin comp / tank, ARB Locker. Evakool. NASA BM-1.

Comment

• marco888
        • Jun 2016
        • nsw

this is crazy work on a Pajero. just wandering how she goes now?

and plus , if you don't mind, could you please post more about the front mount intercooler?

such as the piping, do you need to cut any or trim any thing l to suit the piping?

what actual benefit you feel from the HPD, I know advertising is on their website, but prefer a real owner's comment, a real Pajero lover...

Marco
        MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

• wazza1965
          • Mar 2011
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by marco888 View Post
          this is crazy work on a Pajero. just wandering how she goes now?

and plus , if you don't mind, could you please post more about the front mount intercooler?

such as the piping, do you need to cut any or trim any thing l to suit the piping?

what actual benefit you feel from the HPD, I know advertising is on their website, but prefer a real owner's comment, a real Pajero lover...

Marco
          Hi Marco. Sorry for the delay mate. I have sold her now but know the new owner so get to keep playing with her. He is running her detuned a bit it still pulls like a freight train with a heap of torque for pulling his boat.
          Performance wise you will see a small power increase over the standard good condition intercooler. Where I found it made the most difference was in lowering the EGT's allowing for increased fuel and air loads. The HPD was a bit of a challenge to fit as the disclaimer about having a winch went up after we ran them to say it doesn't fit. Not to bad and I was lucky as I ran a ECB bar which projected forward allowing more clearance than other winch bars. Over all a pretty easy fit with just a tiny trim on the radiator support panel. Definitely worth it if you are going to do exhaust, fuel/air etc. mods but as a stand along you wont feel much difference.

Comment

• Kingmarz
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2016
            • South Island New Zealand

This is the best Pajero thread I’ve read yet! It’s given me great inspiration to modify my own NM 3.2. I’m just sad the thread has finished.
            02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• Lance
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2009
              • Melbourne

It hasn't finished.......you just pumped some new life in to it
              2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
              2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• wazza1965
                • Mar 2011
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Kingmarz View Post
                This is the best Pajero thread I’ve read yet! It’s given me great inspiration to modify my own NM 3.2. I’m just sad the thread has finished.
                Hi Kingmarz

I am still about if you have any queries mate and would be happy to help where I can. Loved that car and still miss it today.

Comment

• Max12
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Qld

I'm looking to upgrade my turbo in 3.2l did 4m41 what ecu should I get but is possible to leave the stock ecu

Comment

• Kingmarz
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2016

You can buy a direct bolt on turbo upgrade and get a decent power gains without changing anything else and on factory ECU running factory boost.

This is the turbo upgrade you want for your model Pajero and you can even upgrade it further by installing a billet compressor wheel with extended tip like I have.

I have purchased off them 4 times and have found them professional to deal with and have helped 2 other fellow members upgrade their turbos both happy customers.
                    You could also ask seller to send an offer of exact same turbo without exhaust housing and jus use your old one to save another $100.

If you want any help or have any questions just PM me.
                    02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• El_Freddo
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2018
                      • Bridgewater, Vic

Is the TF035 really an upgrade? Or is the unit linked in the ebay advert a ball bearing cartridge or brass bush units? I thought the TD04 is a bigger turbo and the stock size unit for the 4m41.

I’m still learning about our NP so am happy to be set straight

Cheers

Bennie
                      2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• MatthewP
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2014
                        • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by El_Freddo View Post
                        Is the TF035 really an upgrade? Or is the unit linked in the ebay advert a ball bearing cartridge or brass bush units? I thought the TD04 is a bigger turbo and the stock size unit for the 4m41.

Cheers

Bennie
                        There are 3 main sections of a turbo.
                        The Compressor housing, the CHRA (Centre Housing Rotating Assembly) and the Turbine housing.

The TF035 or TD04 refers to the turbine wheel size, it's the letters after that, 13t 15t etc, that describe the compressor wheel size.

The CHRA, is the same size for TF035 and TD04 turbos.

The TF035 is basically just a TD04 with a slightly smaller turbine wheel.

The Idea with the direct bolt on upgrades, is that the turbine wheel size stays the same so the stock exhaust housing can be used, so nothing needs to be changed.

There is a slightly larger compressor wheel and compressor housing, which allows for more air flow.

Matt

Edit.
                        The TF035 is the stock size for the 3.2 DID engine.
                        05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• Kingmarz
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2016

Cheers

Bennie

Here’s the difference.
                          Sorry photos are rubbish.
                          First picture of 4 compressor wheels smallest is the factory TF035 on NM/NP Pajero(51mm), two similar sized ones are Kinugawa TF035 15T upgrade (56mm) and factory TD04L off my 03 version 8 WRX and shiny one is a Kinugawa 15T billet wheel with extended tips.
                          The biggest wheel billet with extended tips is by far the lightest and made a similar power increase as the Kinugawa turbo upgrade.
                          And yes it is possible to put the TF035 turbine wheel and shaft onto a TD04 but that’s another story.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Kingmarz; 07-10-20, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• El_Freddo
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2018
                            • Bridgewater, Vic

Thanks for the info fellas. I’m from the Subaru world and have both the TF035 and TD04 in the shed for a project or two that I have on the go. They’re interchangeable as far as bolt in goes for Subaru’s. So I’m guessing there could be small differences in mounts for the mitsy application between the two turbos.

Also, I thought the TD04 and TF035 referred to the general setup of the turbo with a compressor and turbine size. Then the lettering after referenced turbine housing differences. I’m still learning!

EG - a TD05H-16G has a smaller turbine compared to the TD05H-20G. The 20G being laggier but good for strong top end boost (think petrol engine with this example, because that’s where it’s from).

Thanks again, I’ll just sit back and keep reading

Cheers

Bennie
                            2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• Kingmarz
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2016

The only problem I can see with making a TD04/TF035 hybrid is where the wastegate actuator is mounted to the compressor housing.
                              It wouldn’t be hard to make a bracket but it would have to be strong.
                              So in theory you should be able to pick up a second hand TD04 for $150 and put Pajero exhaust wheel and housing on it with a bracket and it would be a near identical upgrade as the Kinugawa 15T with original Mitsubishi turbo parts.

Here you go members get the Kinugawa 15T upgrade for $150 using a TD04.
                              This would be by far the cheapest power upgrade for the NM/NP Pajero and gen 2 4m40 and possibly 4d56.
                              Last edited by Kingmarz; 06-10-20, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• MatthewP
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2014
                                • North of Brisbane

Thanks for the info fellas. I’m from the Subaru world and have both the TF035 and TD04 in the shed for a project or two that I have on the go. They’re interchangeable as far as bolt in goes for Subaru’s. So I’m guessing there could be small differences in mounts for the mitsy application between the two turbos.

Also, I thought the TD04 and TF035 referred to the general setup of the turbo with a compressor and turbine size. Then the lettering after referenced turbine housing differences. I’m still learning!

EG - a TD05H-16G has a smaller turbine compared to the TD05H-20G. The 20G being laggier but good for strong top end boost (think petrol engine with this example, because that’s where it’s from).

Thanks again, I’ll just sit back and keep reading

Cheers

Bennie
                                All these have the same CHRA size and turbine shaft diameter. Essentially the same turbo, just different turbine wheel sizes, from smallest to largest.
                                TF035
                                TD04
                                TD04L
                                TD04H
                                TD04HL

The TD05 is a step up in CHRA size and has a larger turbine shaft diameter.
                                TD05 and TD06 are same CHRA size

TD05
                                TD05H
                                TD06
                                TD06S

The TD05H 16G has the Same size turbine wheel as the TD05H 20G.

If it is a TD05H 16G small it has a 60mm exducer size on the intake. A 16G big has a 68mm exducer.

The 20G will also have a 68mm exducer

The 20G lags more because of the trim ratio.

The big 16g has around a 48mm inducer while the 20G has around a 52.5ish mm inducer.

So the 20G turbo can suck in more air but ratio between inducer and exducer is higher so it builds boost pressure slower.

It's hard to explain more without hijacking the thread and going into multiple posts but basically

(48×48)/(68×68)=approx 0.5 or 50 trim

(52.5×52.5)/(68×68)= approx 0.6 or 60 trim.

I'm going to leave it here,

Matt
                                Last edited by MatthewP; 07-10-20, 06:47 AM.
                                05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X