• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Pajrol

A fresh report out of Australia claims the Mitsubishi Pajero is likely to be reborn on a platform shared with the next-generation Nissan Patrol. According... Read more →
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • bennyb29
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2015
    • Brisbane

That is such an inconclusive article, both the CarsGuide article, as well as the one in the link above.
    It's like saying the next gen Outlander 'may' be based on the X-Trail, owing to platform sharing. It neither denies nor confirms anything.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

Nissan has only just updated the Patrol + the lead time for an all new platform is probably 3 to 4 years, once they make a decision, so my guess is 5 years away, minimum, if ever. Add to that, the whole fossil fuel automotive landscape is changing rapidly & no-one knows what it will be in 5 to 15 years time (the target market period for such a model), so it is very difficult for any manufacturer to commit to that at this stage. In any case, the end result is likely to be very different to what we have now. My guess is they will continue with ute based product, eg, PS, rather than spend a fortune developing a new wagon only platform for much smaller sales volumes. Nissan has already said they are looking at a wagon based on the next model Navara.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X