Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 01-04-19

I put a Uniden 5060 behind the centre console which uses a remote head unit which I have stuck to the dash in the same position as TC.Barkly above.

I put a wire through from the boot (with occasional 'gentle encouragement' via expletives) from the aux battery in case I accidentally leave it on so I don't drain the main.
Old 06-04-19
Valued Member

I have a GME with all the controls on the Mic. The mic has an RJ45 plug on it so I put a Female RJ45 on the console and the unit is tucked away. I just plug in the mic when I want to use it.

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: SMART Winch Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 07-04-19

As a quick fix in the bush I managed to run the antenna wire up the edge of the wing where it goes under the bonnet, then with a bit of squishing got it into the gap between the A pillar and the wing, then down the front door gap past the hinges, then round a little gap at the bottom of the door seal, then tucked up behind the glovebox and across the top of the tunnel. All secured with gaffer tape.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 15-04-19
Valued Member

Was gifted this by an absolute legend of a bloke with connections. Since it has a speaker in the base and the handset, I think Ill mount it in its slide mount on either the driver or passenger side of the transmission tunnel to maximise volume. That way I can also easily unplug and remove when the vehicle is used (and abused) as mums taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-04-19
Valued Member

Default CB Radio Install location in 4th Gen

Next question is where to mount the antenna he also got me.

I realise the higher the better, but failing that has anybody had any issues with a bullbar mounted antenna failing due to vibrations? I read a Prado owner on another forum saying hed had multiple fail. The antenna is 1.2m.

Another option is a fold down roof rail or roof rack bracket. Rhino sell them.

Edit: surely there are thousands of bullbar mounted aerials that have not suffered from premature failure due to vibrations.

Old 15-04-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
Next question is where to mount the antenna he also got me.

I realise the higher the better, but failing that has anybody had any issues with a bullbar mounted antenna failing due to vibrations? I read a Prado owner on another forum saying hed had multiple fail. The antenna is 1.2m.

Another option is a fold down roof rail or roof rack bracket. Rhino sell them.

Edit: surely there are thousands of bullbar mounted aerials that have not suffered from premature failure due to vibrations.

Just tighten it up once every few weeks. If it's still tight, do it less frequently.
Old 15-04-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
I've been running bullbar mounted aerials for decades and never had one fail. Don't know anyone that has had one fail either. The one you've got is a quality aerial with a solid base, it will be fine.
Old 15-04-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bad4u View Post
I've been running bullbar mounted aerials for decades and never had one fail. Don't know anyone that has had one fail either. The one you've got is a quality aerial with a solid base, it will be fine.

Awesome thanks mate. That's what I like to hear. Decades of experience. And thanks miniyazz also.

Old 15-04-19
Resident

Also remember that most 4wds have a separate chassis, to which the bull bar is mounted - the Pajero bull bar mounts direct to the monocoque body.

A ladder chassis isn't as rigid as proponents want you to think it is, which can be seen by watching the bull bar move with respect to the bonnet. Bull bars on ladder chassis vehicles vibrate more than on monocoques, so if somebody wants to talk about failures of items mounted to bull bars it's important to understand the vehicle that the bull bar is on.

Even beyond ladder vs monocoque, different ladder chassis vehicles will have different "resonant frequencies" at which the chassis will vibrate most. If the chassis resonant frequency happens to be a frequency to which the mounted device is susceptible, then failure is more likely.

My father has lost a few antennae from his Prado's bull bar. I've never lost one from a Pajero bull bar (NJ or NT, although neither spent much time with a bull bar mounted antenna) and I'm not aware that my brother has ever lost one from his 80 series.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 16-04-19

Ive recently had to change my antenna base as I bashed a tall antenna into a bush. Driver error - lesson learnt.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.