Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > GPS Tech / Navigation

GPS Tech / Navigation Discussion on GPS units. Maps and laptops

Old 13-03-19

Question Reverse Cam Recommendations

Hello,

I am looking for a good reverse camera (possibly including a GPS) which sits on the dash / wind shield for my 2010 NT (no MMCS). I had one previously which would switch to video once reverse was engaged, however, when I entered the car I always had to start the ignition, then switch it on and then go into reverse. This was obviously quite annoying. It was getting power via a USB.

Is there a way for the camera to come on straight away without having to start the device and can anyone make a recommendation on a device?

happy trails,
Rishadfromoz
Old 13-03-19

Hi Rishad.

Whilst it was an expensive exercise, I replaced the poor excuse of a head unit in my NT RX with an Android Auto compatible unit with reverse camera input. Threw a cheap $30 ebay camera/number plate light on the back and hooked it up. Works a treat.

Depending on the cost of a decent reverse camera / dedicated display unit you may find it's worth putting the coin into a replacement head unit that can use mapping and audio apps off your phone.
Have: Falken AT's on factory alloy 18" rims. Boo's underbody protection 3 piece, Boos rear bumper guard. JVC Android Auto headunit and upgraded speakers. RAM Mount X-Grip tablet holder, Diff Breathers. Rola Roof Racks. LED High Beam globes.

Want: GME UHF radio and aerial, Rhino backbone and Pioneer tray. Suspension Upgrade (OME?). Dual Battery Setup with solar input. Rear storage solution. Canvas seat covers.
Old 13-03-19

In my opinion best to ditch the stock head unit and put something decent in and get reversing camera at the same time. Saves having some tacked-on looking thing on the dash just for the reversing camera screen.

See here, my full thread with all the details still yet to come.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...95&postcount=7
3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can.