X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arist
    • Jul 2013
    • Victoris

Well ..its getting better and better I cant believe it...aiming for the 4's NOW!!! I think it is possible ....perhaps the engine is just starting to loosen up a bit...its Awesome....better than a hybrid!

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

The sub 5's I got weren't in Eco Mode. But it was a 80 kph stretch over Westgate and Burnley Tunnel to Blackburn Rd turnoff!
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• arist
        • Jul 2013
        • Victoris

So perhaps ECO mode is really just for getting up to speed ?...once there perhaps it makes no difference between ECO and non ECO ?!

Today for me it was flat no wind and dry.. few cars and a bit lucky with the lights... I guess every bit helps!

If we had got the stop/start technology the figures could be even better!

With your 4.8L/100K's that's nion 60 MPG in old money !!

Comment

• Dion
          Valued Member
          • May 2010
          • Brisbane

Wait till it loosens up. A few thousand kays on it will see the economy down to lower figures. Also check your tyre pressures.
          2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• arist
            • Jul 2013
            • Victoris

What highest tyre pressures can we safely use for road use ?

At the moment Im getting regular fuel economy in the mid to high 5's even around town...so pretty happy...I put in 70 dollars of fuel 18 days ago and still have over a quarter of a tank! Previously Id be filling up every week.

.. Im still thinking I can get to the 4's given a bit longer ....only just got 1000K on the clock...will be checking tyre pressures tomorrow..hopefully there is room for a bit more air.

Comment

• Dion
              Valued Member
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

No simple answer to that one, unfortunately!

To be honest we're also considering a new Outlander. We need something with decent rear legroom for my growing boys (I'm 2m tall, they take after me) and the Outlander seems to have some seriously impressive rear legroom even with the front seats set back.

From all reports the diesel auto is the pick, so just trying to see if we can get something that's in our price range ... anyone care to share what sort of money they've managed to get an Aspire diesel auto on the road for?
              2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Bundyk
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2012
                • North Nowra

I wouldnt go any higher than 34-36 psi for the passenger tyres on the car. Go any higher and the ride will start to become a little harsh/crashy and you will start to wear the centre of the tyres out, leading to premature tyre replacement. Not worth it just to try and save, at best, 1 lph.
                Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• arist
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Victoris

Got the Diesel Aspire for 37K ... But I reckon you should be able to get a better deal than that now ... bargain hard !

Indeed heaps of room in the back...and the seats recline.. our kids love the extra room.

Will check my tyres.. and push up to about 36psi.

Comment

• Dion
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2010
                    • Brisbane

Drove an aspire Di-D today. Quite a nice bit of gear, the engine/gearbox is certainly better than the X-trail Tdcis and Santa Fe diesels we have in the work fleet that I drive from time to time.

Now in the throes of prices negotiations, attempting to extract a reasonable value for my 2007 VW Jetta with only 38,000kms on the odo.

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

I reckon the six speed and the 2.2 are a dynamic combination. Might be the go for you guys with Outlanders to get Keiron to do some development work on some plates for them.
                      My report will be online on Monday for the one I test drove.
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Jords
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • Kellyville Ridge

Aren't Mitsubishi bring a hybrid out in this one?
                        2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Originally posted by Jords View Post
                          Aren't Mitsubishi bring a hybrid out in this one?
                          Most certainly are. Already released o/seas.
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• arist
                            • Jul 2013
                            • Victoris

It sounds like a winner @ 1.6litres per 100Kilometres

another info board http://www.insideoutlander.boards.net/

Comment

• Dion
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2010
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                              I reckon the six speed and the 2.2 are a dynamic combination. Might be the go for you guys with Outlanders to get Keiron to do some development work on some plates for them.
                              My report will be online on Monday for the one I test drove.
                              Dave
                              For us the big one is legroom. This thing seriously has more legroom for second row passengers when the front seats are set all the way back than the Pajero I reckon. Of course, that is at the expense of 3rd row passengers but we won't be using them.

Comment

• arist
                                • Jul 2013
                                • Victoris

Almost in the 4's today

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X