• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • S.Mac
    • Nov 2008
    • Adelaide, SA

Previous gen Outlander V6 as tow vehicle

Hi guys,

Just wondering on your thoughts on the previous gen V6 Outlander as a tow vehicle. They are rated at 1600kgs braked.

We have a small van which comes in at about 1000kgs.

It wouldn't be our long term tower as I'm hoping to get a diesel ute in about 12-18months, but the Outlander would make a good family wagon.

Cheers,
    Smac
  • hobbo
    Valued Member
    • May 2009
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

The wife and I took a V6 Outlander for a test drive before buying another Pajero, it certainly has Plenty of Power to tow but did worry about the Handling a speed being such a Light Vehicle, not sure about the brakes either, I would be making sure the van/camper had Electric Brakes Not Cable or Hydraulic.
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Cairns

Some good friends of ours have a 2010 ish V6 VRX and they love it.
      According to Redbook the V6 punches out 169Kw and 291Nm which should move a 1 tonne van along very easily....
      Cheers, Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• S.Mac
        • Nov 2008
        • Adelaide, SA

I would prefer a diesel Paj, but these are pretty cheap 2nd hand and would e a good bus for the misses

Comment

• Dion
          Valued Member
          • May 2010
          • Brisbane

Would be a doddle for the V6 Outlander. Might drink little extra but as you say, short term thing only shouldn't be an issue.
          2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• tlmdiesel
            • Jan 2015
            • Queensland

We have had a 2008 Outlander limited Edition V6 for 4 years and used it for mainly as a family express and towing our small camping trailer which weighs 700kg and it does it with ease and still could get as low as 10.5l/100km with the trailer. I have also towed a 1.5t trailer with it occasionally which which it also did with ease. They sit on the road really well and have great braking ect. The only down side is they only have a 60L fuel tank to dead empty and with a 1.5t trailer it can use upto 17L/100km so only a 300km range. I ran the outlander to 204000km with no trouble at all. They were a great model with heaps of power in my opinion.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X