Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 17-08-19

Default Rear ladder

Hi, anyone mounted a ladder to access the roof? I am looking around for a commercially made ladder for the Pajero but came up empty handed. There are plenty of pictures on Google Image though.
Old 17-08-19
Valued Member

Got a tow bar ? Just add the steps under the ball.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 17-08-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Got a tow bar ? Just add the steps under the ball.
Opening the rear door would become a problem.
Old 17-08-19
Valued Member

That depends on the setting. I use the MM hitch upside down for the Tvan and that gives ample room. Same with the hitch, if its a DO35, no problem but if it has the standard 50mm ball, then the handle is an issue.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 17-08-19

I mean something like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ladder Capture.JPG (49.8 KB, 78 views)
Old 18-08-19

Default Ladder

Perhaps a visit to your local exhaust centre with the image in hand would be a good idea. They could bend up the side pieces (uprights) and you could weld in the steps?? Exhaust tubing is both light in weight and strong. Stainless steel could also be an option as the price of the tubing would differ but the labour should remain the same.
Old 18-08-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4x2 View Post
Perhaps a visit to your local exhaust centre with the image in hand would be a good idea.
Thought of that but was hoping to buy one instead of DIY.
Old 18-08-19
Valued Member

I tried for ages to find one of those ladders for a Gen 4 too but couldn’t.

I had to go for a DIY option so came up with this as an alternative;
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...233#post573233
Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
Step for roof rack access

Since getting the NT, I’ve really missed the spare tire step I made for the NL (which wouldn’t work on the NT due to the spare tire cover/number plate holder thing) so finally decided to do something about it.

First I welded reinforcing and braces into the factory metal support frame for the spare tire cover/number plate holder. This included 4 additional m6 captive nuts of my new bracket and reinforcing the two m6 nuts to hold the number plate.

I then made a bracket out of 8mmm aluminium (local aluminium supplier had the perfect size piece in their scrap pile) to hold a folding marine mast step from Whitworth’s Marine.

My modifications are all behind the factory cover and the additional bolt holes are behind the number plate so it can be removed in the future, if I so desire, without a trace.

Certainly make climbing onto the roof rack easier!

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 18-08-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
I tried for ages to find one of those ladders for a Gen 4 too but couldnít.

I had to go for a DIY option so came up with this as an alternative;
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...233#post573233
I like your idea, but how strong is the spare tyre cover door? I certainly would not be prepared to put mu pudden on that stand unless it was well supported from inside.
Old 18-08-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
I like your idea, but how strong is the spare tyre cover door? I certainly would not be prepared to put mu pudden on that stand unless it was well supported from inside.
Keep reading the link and I explain how I reinforced the spare tire cover. Iím not a lightweight but itís not showing any signs of ill-effect.

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')