Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Freewheel clutch control solenoid valve replacement options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • truK
    • Jan 2012
    • Sydney

Freewheel clutch control solenoid valve replacement options?

Afternoon all,

NP 2003 pajero exceed (3.8L auto)

Thanks to the forum, I have been able to discover that the recent grinding and thumping noise the car has developed is most likely due to a failing freewheel clutch control solenoid valve (noise hasn't reappeared since driving around in 4H).

Next problem is that Mitsubishi quoted $400 for a genuine replacement part. Auto1 and terrain tamer don't stock a replacement part. I can see a variety of units on ebay ranging from $20-$80.

Interested to hear where forum members are getting this part from? What would you recommend?

Thanks
    2003 NP Exceed 3.8L Auto
  • truK
    • Jan 2012
    • Sydney

Well ended up getting one off ebay for about $75.

Early days but its fixed my problems with 2H and I can now select low range
    2003 NP Exceed 3.8L Auto

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Hi mate,

Yeah, parts like that are just a stupid price from MM. If I want something these days, I sometimes ring up and ask for a price just to get a laugh.

If you do want to buy genuine parts however, don’t forget the following sites – I’ve bought from Amayama and other chaps on the forum swear by Partsouq. The latter lets you enter the VIN of your vehicle and it shows the relevant parts, which is really nice.

Amayama Trading Co. specializes in new genuine parts for used & import Japanese cars. Full warranty. Fast delivery. Very low prices. Request a quote online now.

We present to your attention our wide range of quality auto parts for many brands of cars. Our genuine parts catalogs and search by part number will help you!

Cheers

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• truK
        • Jan 2012
        • Sydney

excellent - thanks mate!
        2003 NP Exceed 3.8L Auto

Comment

• spic1963
          • May 2012
          • Hervey Bay

Flashing super select light only on 2wd

Hi , I'm having same problem with the solonoids , the actuator is not moving at all , its just locked in default mode which I think the pin is the out position , and when I push the rod into free wheel position which is in , it pops back out with engine running . And when I put it in 4h there is no flashing lights , the lights in 2wd come on when you drive for about 30 mins , I switch engine off to rest it , then comes back on after another 30 mins , but the thing I'm worried about is the horrible scraping sound coming from right hand side off car in 2wd and 4h , it sounds the same as grinding of brakes , but checked brakes all fine , hope someone can give me some advise . Cheers

Comment

• moezalibhai
            • Oct 2014
            • Nairobi, Kenya

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
            Hi mate,

Yeah, parts like that are just a stupid price from MM. If I want something these days, I sometimes ring up and ask for a price just to get a laugh.

If you do want to buy genuine parts however, don’t forget the following sites – I’ve bought from Amayama and other chaps on the forum swear by Partsouq. The latter lets you enter the VIN of your vehicle and it shows the relevant parts, which is really nice.

Amayama Trading Co. specializes in new genuine parts for used & import Japanese cars. Full warranty. Fast delivery. Very low prices. Request a quote online now.

We present to your attention our wide range of quality auto parts for many brands of cars. Our genuine parts catalogs and search by part number will help you!

Cheers

Geoff
            I have bought stuff from Partsouq delivered to Nairobi. Perfect and Quick Service...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Comment

• moezalibhai
              • Oct 2014
              • Nairobi, Kenya

Hi Guys

The black nozzle top is missing in mine, what impact will it have ??

Thanks
              Moez

Last edited by moezalibhai; 12-12-19, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Hi Moez,

Joined in 2014 and first posts? That's might be a new record for long time lurker!

I'm not sure I understand your question about the black nozzle top. Is that the little black piece on the solenoid valve(s)?

I think that's primarily to help keep stuff out. In the short term it shouldn't make too much difference to operation of the system, but they are vacuum valves - every time they switch they're letting air in, which could also be dragging in contaminants that could (eventually) cause a blockage somewhere.

Probably not worth placing an order on partsouq just for the little black bits, but I suggest adding them to your next important order.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• moezalibhai
                  • Oct 2014
                  • Nairobi, Kenya

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                  Hi Moez,

Joined in 2014 and first posts? That's might be a new record for long time lurker!

I'm not sure I understand your question about the black nozzle top. Is that the little black piece on the solenoid valve(s)?

I think that's primarily to help keep stuff out. In the short term it shouldn't make too much difference to operation of the system, but they are vacuum valves - every time they switch they're letting air in, which could also be dragging in contaminants that could (eventually) cause a blockage somewhere.

Probably not worth placing an order on partsouq just for the little black bits, but I suggest adding them to your next important order.
                  Cheers Mate ..... I owe you a beer definitely [emoji6]

I can grab one from the salvage yard down here !!

Comment

• albertinhouston
                    • Jan 2020
                    • Houston, texas , USA

2001 montero Limited blinking light!

sorry I posted in the wrong place
                    Last edited by albertinhouston; 08-01-20, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X