• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cshaks
    • Aug 2017
    • Altona

Tyre Suggestions

Well the time has come to replace the POS factory tyres with something that will actually last more than 45,000 kms.

We use the Paj primarily as a family car and for towing our van quite a few times a year. Currently it has the Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 tyres on it but I'm looking to replace these with something a little more durable.
    We are not looking at an offroad tyre, however there will probably be a little 4wd action when we take the van around Australia next year.
    Looking for low road noise, good wear, and excellent traction.
    Any suggestions on what to go for???
    Cheers
    Chris.
  • vrx26
    • Sep 2014
    • Melbourne, Victoria

Have Pirelli Scorpion ATR, excellent grip both wet and dry and minimal road noise. Great as well in light to moderate off roading.
    09 NT Pajero Exceed V6 (OEM Nudge bar, Bonnet Protectors+Headlight Protectors, Stedi light bar, IDrive throttle controller, Lifted with Dobinson IMS Suspension)
    Bucket list: Bushkinz plates

Comment

• MARKx4
      • Dec 2015
      • Penrith

Extremely impressed with my Perilli Scorpion ATRs

Comment

• cshaks
        • Aug 2017
        • Altona

Thanks guys, I'll give them a look!

Comment

• Luke68
          • May 2017
          • Emerald victoria

Hanooks

I've had Hankook Dynapro ATM for the last 6 months. Compared to the old Geolanders, they're a lot quieter. The tread is more aggressive and deeper. A lot better grip and less wallowing thru corners.
          Cheers
          Luke

Comment

• farcanal
            • Mar 2010

As a mechanic who used to work for me used to say...."as long as they're round and black"

Comment

• hinsch
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Perth

you can get different colors nowadays, thinking a nice set of red tyres on the paj would make a statement lol
              NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
                As a mechanic who used to work for me used to say...."as long as they're round and black"
                Would he also drive anything with four tyres and an engine?
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Bill Parks
                  • Feb 2017
                  • Cairns

Originally posted by Luke68 View Post
                  I've had Hankook Dynapro ATM for the last 6 months. Compared to the old Geolanders, they're a lot quieter. The tread is more aggressive and deeper. A lot better grip and less wallowing thru corners.
                  Cheers
                  Luke
                  My 2016 Pajero is the 3rd vehicle I’ve had Hankook Dynapro AT on and have never had a problem with them...
                  Bill

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

Pirelli Scorpion ATR are great bud. Had mine on for around 45000kms and still going great. Pirelli have just brought out a new sScorpion from memory.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Mundy55
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • Gold Coast

I've done 79k km on a 5 tyre set of BFG KO2s and will get 100k out of them. Can't say they're the quietest but sound attentuation in the Paj isn't the greatest so I am not sure how much better or worse they are than any others.

Comment

• Stinger711
                        • Jul 2016
                        • Great Southern WA

One more vote for the Hankook Dynapro ATM… we’ve done over 80k on them mostly country highway kms. You can get 4 for the price of 3 in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• farcanal
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                          Would he also drive anything with four tyres and an engine?
                          Best bloke I ever knew who seemed to be able to get anything going , anywhere.
                          Years ago he had an old Holden (HK?) and out in the boondocks it broke a conrod, leaving a gaping hole in the side of the block. Don't ask me how, but he drove it home. I think he somehow managed to unbolt the bit of conrod still attached to the crankshaft out of the hole, stuffed the hole full of rag and drove home on 5 cylinders. My memory ain't good.
                          Probably with todays cars he would be a little stumped.

Comment

• Merts
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2011
                            • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
                            I've done 79k km on a 5 tyre set of BFG KO2s and will get 100k out of them. Can't say they're the quietest but sound attentuation in the Paj isn't the greatest so I am not sure how much better or worse they are than any others.
                            I'm running KO2s and I do a fair amount of off-road driving. They are great as a tough all terrain tyre, but I don't think they would be your best bet for the type of use you've outlined cshaks. I've also heard pretty good reports about the Pirelli Scorpions. I'd expect the ride and road noise would be a lot better with them than the KO2s.
                            Merts
                            Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                            Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Glenne79
                              • Aug 2018
                              • NSW

Im watching with interest as to waht you go for.

In the same situation and possible swaying towards Hankook Dynapro ATM.
                              Can't beat the price and especially now buy 4 pay 3 vets down to around $215 a corner. Does anyone know why they are so affordable relative to anything else similar...

Do like to BFG KO2 but hard to justify more than $400 a corner when buying 5...
                              NX GLX 2016 MY17: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Redarc tow pro elite | Cooper AT3 LT 265/60R18 | Munji EGR | Provent 200 Catch Can | Traction Control Mod | Boos Rear Bumper | Boos Underbody Protection | MM4X4 Automate...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X