• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fritter
    • Nov 2010
    • 50k NW Townsville

Platinum NT Property Vehicle

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
    Because it's a better looking/driving/value, etc, etc vehicle, than the P@@@o!

Wonder if I'll get a bite!!

Ha Ha!
    We have always had Cruisers, on the farm, but this new NT is easier & more manouverable than the 100 Series, on dirt roads and better to tow with. It has a lot more power & torque than the Prado diesel.

Drive your NT hard & often and smile a lot! Just get it dirty!!!

Comment

• Paj People 2009
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Pajeros are the best MID sized fourby around. The best value, the best looking, the most capable and has won all the awards.

The value and warranty is pretty darn good too.

So get one and have fun!

So that's why the NT!
      SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• johnr
        • Dec 2010
        • Lakes Entrance

Picked up a new Platinum DiD manual for my wife just before Xmas mainly as a towing rig.
        Thought it was a bit of a no brainer Vs a Prado given the $10k saving on same, 5/10 year warranty & the longer service intervals.
        Very please with $428 comprehensive policy from AAMI as well.
        I have been allowed one drive so far!!

Comment

• Marty V
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2008
          • Cranbourne, Vic

This attached PDF is a service cost comparison between Prado, Pathfinder and Pajero over a 4 year time frame...
          Attached Files

Comment

• Silver Streak
            Valued Member
            • May 2010
            • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by Marty V View Post
            This attached PDF is a service cost comparison between Prado, Pathfinder and Pajero over a 4 year time frame...
            Yep, exactly right Marty, that's what I was told....

15K____ $300
            30K____ $580
            45K____ $580
            60K____ $580
            Total___ $2040.

I guess it'll be a lot different if you decide to get your servicing done on you're vehicle at every 7500km, but that's up to the owner, isn't it.
            I suppose, because Mitsubishi and Toyota have "fixed priced" servicing for the first 36 to 48 months makes the difference.
            Last edited by Silver Streak; 06-01-11, 06:50 PM.
            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
            Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Pajeros are the best MID sized fourby around. The best value, the best looking, the most capable and has won all the awards.

The value and warranty is pretty darn good too.

So get one and have fun!

So that's why the NT!
              That's a girl
              In 2010 Pajero sales increased at double the market rate from last year.
              A total of 6,986 NT's sold in 2010
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• mineclearer
                • Oct 2009

Dave Howard

I have to agree. Coming from a 3.8lt NP to a 3.2 Oiler NT RX you really can tell the difference. Other than that the gear box is a pearler, smooth and responsive. I believe at first go that they have improved the ratios to a point where a 6 speed is not needed. However a 6 speed in time should improve fuel useage, so long as MM get the ratios right.

mineclearer

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Yep the NT is the one you want for towing duties. The upgraded motor and transmission over the previous NS gives it all the credentials for the grey nomad and the 2500 kg + van. Of course it's still pretty good offroad as well.
                  Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                    Yep the NT is the one you want for towing duties. The upgraded motor and transmission over the previous NS gives it all the credentials for the grey nomad and the 2500 kg + van. Of course it's still pretty good offroad as well.
                    Dave
                    Hi Dave,

Hold on there, old boy. Only the grey nomad? I'm nowhere near grey yet and have been vanning since age 33! (Last 8.5 years).

Not so much of the grey, but all nomads with vans 2500kg+ like us!!

Cheers,
                    Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Woops . Of course Sally I wasn't talking about the lovely young ladies on the forum .
                      Just generalising......
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• mull dog
                        • Feb 2010

Hi Dave,

all nomads with vans 2500kg+ like us!!

Cheers,
                        Sally
                        and takes 3tonne of boat, no worries
                        2010 NT Activ

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

AND THEY KICK THE PROVERBIAL OUT OF THE PRADO!!

WITH BOTH LOOKS AND VALUE....

Comment

• tristam
                            • May 2011
                            • south australia

I agree with you all too!!!!

When we looked I was in favour of a prado, but sat in the pajero and fell in love with it.....Poor husband had to leave for work before the delivery so I have had fun since saturday.... He has to wait another 2 weeks before he gets to drive in it LOL......

Dont worry I have told him how awesome it feels LOL!!!! and I was surprised with the cost of insurance I thought it would be higher for these types of cars very shocked.
                            Regards

Tammy

"My husband wants a safari snokel, skid plates, sump and intercooler guards for xmas for the car, but I still need to tell him this LOL"

Comment

• Silver Streak
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2010
                              • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by tristam View Post
                              I agree with you all too!!!!

Poor husband had to leave for work before the delivery so I have had fun since saturday.... He has to wait another 2 weeks before he gets to drive in it LOL......
                              He's not FIFO at one of the mines around the place, is he??
                              Where he's away from home for couple of week stints.
                              Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                              Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• tristam
                                • May 2011
                                • south australia

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
                                He's not FIFO at one of the mines around the place, is he??
                                Where he's away from home for couple of week stints.

Nah he works in Qld, well his company is based there, he is contracted out to telstra towers to sand blast and paint them. This tower he is doing is like 160 meters or something, I have no idea how he does it but he loves heights.

The last time he was away for 3 months this time is shorter as he wants to come home for sons 2nd birthday but normally they have to finish the towers before coming home, so after this home coming he may be away for another long stint....

But when the towers arent there he does work around the mines in Mackay..
                                Regards

Tammy

"My husband wants a safari snokel, skid plates, sump and intercooler guards for xmas for the car, but I still need to tell him this LOL"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X