• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Censored words

There are a few words that the forum software automatically assumes are bad words and auto censors them with symbols. Can I request you remove the word M-O-L-E from the list. I've seen in several posts where it has been filtered, even using words like M-O-L-E-C-U-L-A-R or A-M-O-L-E-D will see it censored with symbols. Fair enough with swear words etc, but @*$#@*$#@*$#@*$# is not a swear word, it could even be described as a small burrowing animal or a potential skin cancer in the right context
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
  • dhula
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • South of Perth

it could also be shorthand for My Only Love Ever
    2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
    2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

It's gone, but if used in the wrong context by posters it will be re instated.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
        It's gone, but if used in the wrong context by posters it will be re instated.
        Dave
        Thanks Pickle
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Anyone who uses "mole" as a swear word should go back to school. The use of this word is actually "moll". It was normally used say as...She was a gangsters moll...Used to describe a woman who was considered of loose morals..

It is not pronounced as mole but as moll , as in holler.

So if someone says "she,s a mole...She must be digging holes and foraging underground!!

Anyway thats what I was brought up believing.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• NFT5
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Canberra

Thanks Dicko. There have been times when I've thought I'm the only one on the planet that knows the difference. Now to go on and educate the masses on the difference between anile and anal.......
            Chris

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2014
              • Wellington,New Zealand

At last, i will now be able to type; Molesworth Station,NZ biggest farm and not have to wonder why i cant!
              I will find a pic of said station!

, on Flickr
              Last edited by KiwiNTPajero; 26-04-16, 08:30 PM.
              2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
              BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
                At last, i will now be able to type; Molesworth Station,NZ biggest farm and not have to wonder why i cant!
                I will find a pic of said station!

There is also a small town in Vic called Molesworth. At least there was 45 years ago when I was fishing and rabbitting in the area. Surely it hasnt been censored out....

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                  It is not pronounced as mole but as moll , as in holler.

So if someone says "she,s a mole...She must be digging holes and foraging underground!!
                  Either that or she is a spy that has infiltrated an organization!

Comment

• Georgie
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Secret Harbour WA

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                    Either that or she is a spy that has infiltrated an organization!
                    I have got one of these its always infiltrating my secret plans and any of my organising its called a WIFE LOL
                    2015 Sahara
                    Black Mica in colour
                    BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• Morville
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2008
                      • Buxton Vic

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      There is also a small town in Vic called Molesworth. At least there was 45 years ago when I was fishing and rabbitting in the area. Surely it hasnt been censored out....

It's still there Dicko, not far from our joint. Probably hasn't changed much in 45 years. The railway line to Mansfield has been turned into a rail trail.
                      Peter

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X