Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Hot Spots > Hot Spots: WA

Old 20-01-16
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver
Default Fitzgerald River National Park

I should be in Fitz today. The rain has been extrodinary. The road was cut at Gnowanerup and i had o take a wet, slushy 50km detour. Only to get just Ongerup and the road is closed again. Got bogged turning around and had to get the paj and ulti towed out. Made a beeline for the caravan park and spent $40 to sleep in the self contained house. Will try for Fitz tomorrow. Rain, thunder and lightning hasnt let up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160120_142116.jpg (194.3 KB, 54 views)

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 20-01-16
Valued Member

Off to another great start by the sounds of it! Have a great trip you lucky bugger. I'm dying to get back down that way and explore the park more.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 20-01-16

Me too if it wasnt for all the bloody rain. Most of the roads in there were closed as of yesterday. It will only be worse now. But im warm and dry atm so all good

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 20-01-16

Good luck Shane. I'll be back down that way on Friday, but in a different part of the park. Rapid plan changes. Destination: Bremer Bay. Thought it was the best place to give my wife and son a taste of what I've just seen. Hope the worst of the weather has passed - for you and me.
Old 20-01-16

Cheers. Have a good time. I plan to get to Bremer whilst there for a cache or two. Ill keep my eyes peeled for you.

NX build

My Journeys
Old 21-01-16
Valued Member

Best to check if the np is still open, it was closed on us once after rain and the concern of spreading dieback into the park.

Now pending: Nothing
Old 21-01-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paj man View Post
Best to check if the np is still open, it was closed on us once after rain and the concern of spreading dieback into the park.
It was open on tuesday however many roads in it are closed. Hope it drys out.

NX build

My Journeys
Old 21-01-16

And they have no chowder here in Hopetoun

NX build

My Journeys
Old 21-01-16

Where i had to do my 50km detour yesterday. Im not surprised:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-2...tralia/7104350

NX build

My Journeys
Old 21-01-16
Valued Member

Jesus! They sure have had some rain! Might be time to bail and head elsewhere?
Although it's all Bitumen coming from Hopetoun way into Hammersly campground and if you have the Yaks with you, at least you have a nice inlet for a paddle around.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |