• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvpaj
    • Apr 2012
    • Northcote, Vic.

Drivetech 4x4 driveshafts

I thought I'd let people know of this mob, don't know if there any good or not.

Noticed the other day that my cv boots have cracked open. So I started to look around for new replacement boots and found on fleabay someone selling this brand of driveshaft for $155 delivered each side. So seeing that Drivetech are in Melbourne I called them and got quoted $110 each side , and they're near my work so I picked them up.
    Now I could of replaced the boots, but for $220, I don't have to mess around with cv grease and I get a 3 year / 60,000km warranty.

There are cheaper, but not with this warranty.

http://www.motospecs.com.au/index.php?page=drivetech4x4

$(KGrHqV,!iEFBQkLEe!EBQVsVL07Pw~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGkzBREDT7gev!~~60_3.jpg

Haven't put them in yet, but I'll let you know how I go.
    Last edited by nvpaj; 15-02-13, 04:23 AM. Reason: added info
    1999 NL 3.5l sohc Pajero SWB. Toughdog suspension, 265/75/16 Cooper ST-Maxx, Icom-400pro UHF, Codan HF, IPF lights, ARB bullbar with Aldi 9500 winch, Airtec snorkel, Diff breathers, Brown Davis tanks 150lt, Thule roof rack with customer basket with hi-lift jack and shovel on a Kaymar bracket and a Foxwing awning, Dual Yellow Optima Batteries & Piranha management system, 60l Waeco with customer drawer system.
  • captain_paj
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • Logan QLD

That seems to me to be a most fortuitous find - rock on, jolly good price with a cracking warranty!
    1994 NJ GLS Auto, 3.0 LPG, 31s, HD springs, 50mm body lift, Firestone rear air bags

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2012
      • Maitland, NSW

$220 for boots, where did you get that qoute from?
      I got mine(protex) for $44 delivered for all 4 in a kit which came with a ton of grease.
      Good find on the complete driveshaft though, excellent score
      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• basil
        • Apr 2012
        • Gembrook

I have been looking at those drive shafts for a while now and haven't been able to make a decision on them due to the price.
        Japanese cv's are $150 just for one joint less shafts etc.
        It will be interested to see how they go.
        Do you do any serious off roading at all, or are you mainly on the black top.

Cheers, Baz.

Comment

• wasarangie
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2010
          • Ocean Grove

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
          I got mine(protex) for $44 delivered for all 4 in a kit which came with a ton of grease.
          I think the $220.00 is for the shafts, not the boots. And no messing around.
          SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• nvpaj
            • Apr 2012
            • Northcote, Vic.

Originally posted by basil View Post
            I have been looking at those drive shafts for a while now and haven't been able to make a decision on them due to the price.
            Japanese cv's are $150 just for one joint less shafts etc.
            It will be interested to see how they go.
            Do you do any serious off roading at all, or are you mainly on the black top.

Cheers, Baz.
            I do some off roading, but you won't see me doing any rock climbing. Single black diamond would be as hard as I go, a lot of touring on dirt roads. The car isn't an everyday driver.
            1999 NL 3.5l sohc Pajero SWB. Toughdog suspension, 265/75/16 Cooper ST-Maxx, Icom-400pro UHF, Codan HF, IPF lights, ARB bullbar with Aldi 9500 winch, Airtec snorkel, Diff breathers, Brown Davis tanks 150lt, Thule roof rack with customer basket with hi-lift jack and shovel on a Kaymar bracket and a Foxwing awning, Dual Yellow Optima Batteries & Piranha management system, 60l Waeco with customer drawer system.

Comment

• nvpaj
              • Apr 2012
              • Northcote, Vic.

Forgot to mention, but look that Motospecs have a store in ever state.

Comment

• nvpaj
                • Apr 2012
                • Northcote, Vic.

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
                The quote was for the whole shaft, cv to cv.
                I didn't even bother getting a price for just boots, because I'm not sure how much crap has got into the cv's that could of done damage. Also I'd save some time not replacing the boots, and cv grease (moly) is very messy and maybe I'm getting soft, but I've had enough of that with the other cars I play with.

Comment

• Tin Man
                  • Sep 2009
                  • Brisbane

Thanks for the info. I've called the Stafford store and got the same price. Looks like I've suddenly got a plan for the weekend now
                  1998 NL Pajero GLS, Petrol, Auto, LSD, bog standard (for now), 265/70R16 Maxxis Bravo 751 A/T, Outback Ideas Bush Hook - 10,000lbs

Comment

• nvpaj
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Northcote, Vic.

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                    Thanks for the info. I've called the Stafford store and got the same price. Looks like I've suddenly got a plan for the weekend now
                    Good luck Tin Man.
                    I'm hoping to do my this weekend or next weekend depending whether I have something better to do.

Comment

• NIZLAH
                      • Oct 2012
                      • Brisbane

just got mine in the post a few days ago, plan on installing them tomorrow night...

Comment

• 03gallagherj
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • South Coast NSW Batemans Bay

Sorry to bring this old thread back up, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any reviews on these shafts. I normally go Genuine as I do nothing but double black runs in the Pajero, I'm always pushing it hard and this weekend I managed to do both shafts in the front end (Genuine).

Snapped one replaced with my spare genuine and then snapped the other. So now I have no spares :O

Does anyone know how these stack up against genuine shafts or know of where I can get breaking strain comparisons of genuine vs these. The warranty will not cover what I do.

Cheers all!
                        Currently:
                        1995 2.8 TD NJ Paj Running 33x11.5x15 Maxis Bighorns, Lokka, GQ Coils, torsions wound up, Tough Dogs All around, Steel Racks With Cage, Awning, Steel winch bar, 9,500lbs Winch, Safari Snorkel, 2x130w IPF's (1 spread, 1 spot), 150L Long range fuel tank, ASIN Hubs and Sliders
                        Coming:
                        Storage Drawers, 33" BFG KM2's

Comment

• GM...
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Gold Coast

Anyone with reviews on these shafts??

cheers
                          98 NL Pajero, 3.2 Common rail Diesel, Auto with some work.

Comment

• GHostNizal
                            • Nov 2016
                            • Plane-t earth

Had these in a while and no bad things to say, haven't been overly stressed yet but seem to be doing fine... best I can add to the discussion so far...

Comment

• bimbobob
                              • Apr 2017
                              • brisbane

Drivetech used to atleast make the repco branded ones years ago, GSP appear to be even cheaper

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X